Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The long way, Day ride.

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by TenRider, Mar 20, 2013.

1. C425 from Yarra Junction, past Noojee and up Mt Baw Baw tourist Rd. Past Tanjil Bren then take the South Face Rd. Forest Track but in good condition. C466 to Rawson. the C481. Then I took Cowwarr Rd, which is compact clay and very fast but full of pot holes. Nearly lost it on a massive wash out across the whole rd. Spotted a massive lizard run up a tree. Hit C105 Maffra Rd up to Hayfield then up to Licola. Wonderful rd beautiful views and great bends. Get to Licola and all is shut. need petrol bad to go on so I ask a local who knows of a stash the owner keeps just incase. I pay $2 dollars a liter for the privilege, but it enables me to go on. It wasn't premium just hoping it would work. I know for next time.
    From Licola I take the C486 Licola Jamieson Rd. I have to detour for about 10km as the fires have blocked part of the rd. Loose gravel mostly and Shale and stone that cut the hell out of my tyres. I dare not deflate as I didn't have a pump to re inflate. Another lesson. Managed to see a dear on the rd 10km out of Jamiesen. He slowly walked off into the scrub. Wouldn't want to hit one of those at speed.
    Views were sensational. I was all on my own for two hours.
    Was intending to ride to Woods point then to Warburton but it was getting late and I feared the nocturnal creatures. Prudence better part of valour so headed to Mansfield and back home via Yea.

View on top of Mt Skene.
    Follow the path.
    Ghost gums.
    View to Licola.[​IMG]
    Macalister River.
    Nice Bridge, well I thought so.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aha the Noojee Trestle Bridge :)

3. Great little mini write up. Sounds like a fun day. Thanks for sharing.
  4. Sounds like a great day out, the first picture is very nice.
  5. Nice ride, pics and bike TenRider