Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The little ginger twat...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Roaster, Nov 9, 2009.

1. You know who I mean...
    elmo.thumbnail.

Saw him on the google search bar, and to be honest I'm not sure what the deal is. It is a puppet.

Rove has "interviewed" elmo twice on prime sunday night slots.

Surely there must be more to life than this...

2. If you turn safe search off you can find other little ginger twats on there as well.... Not sure why they're there either.

3. And I shall not have you talk trash of the bread and butter of my childhood.

Also, Sesame St turned 40 last week ;)

4. hahaha you got me again chris.

but yeah... theres only 1 muppet in this thread

5. Meh - Elmo only gained real prominence toward the end of Henson's best years. I think he only got big in oz in the late 80's / early 90s, and by then the bulk of my sesame street days were well and truly over.

That illiterate ranga is teaching kids to speak in the third person like half wits and it is stealing the limelight from the REAL muppets (NB I am talking about Elmo not Julia Gillard) like kermit, animal, dr teeth, and their sesame st cousins the count, oscar, cookie monster etc.

It is just a smack talking cash cow who got popular off the tickle me range of toys, and is no better than the telle tubbies. The count taught you to count, the grouch showed you that even grouches can have a good heart because he cared for wormy so well (or that everyone hates a grouch - take it how you want it), guy smiley was an obvious parody, telle used logic to overcome his fears, and big bird helped so many kids crack their meth addictions by doing it in real time on the show. All elmo does is laugh when you touch it innapropriately.

the 40th anniversary thing explains it's presence on the google bar. I saw cookie monster on there a few days ago and he was kinda cool.

6. Yeah Elmo sh!ts me too.

7. Elmo teaches friendship and sharing? I don't know man, he's three. I think if anything he's there to be a more "relateable" character, as some of the others are older? Maybe? To be honest Im talking out of my arse here...

Also, who else is displeased with cookie monster saying that cookies are a "sometimes" food?

8. I guess that explains why he is such a regular on rosie o'donnel and rove.

:roses:

9. I want to punch Elmo in the back of the face...

10. You gotta admit, Elmo's pretty cheerful and upbeat for a guy with a fist inside him all the time.

I'd probably talk in a high-pitched voice, too.

He is a refreshing beacon of optimism in times of economic fear and intellectual cynics.

11. He's just a c**t.
    \\:D/

12. They all are.

13. Nooo! I refuse to listen to your cruel words! To hell with the lot of you!!

14. I thought this was the c**nt?

count-von-count.

15. I actually quite enjoyed Elmo when he was on Rove. He's really quite witty.

I especially liked seeing his 'handler', who was not at all like you'd expect. (He's a big black guy).

16. Yeh who spends his life fisting muppets!

Elmo's like his prison biatch!

17. [​IMG]

Elmo is a media whore. Look at the lengths poor Grover has to go to, to get the attention he deserves.

18. Grover is Elmo's father and his mother is that slut miss piggy.