Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The line in the middle of the road is there for a reason.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by gus_man, Jan 29, 2010.

1. If you drive a silver landrover and your number plate is something like VLL-100, and you were driving down Blue Gum Rd in Rouse Hill today. YOUR A FU*KWIT.

Let me explain.

I was following this retard today down a twistie winding road, all of the corners are blind and there are a few really tight hairpins. Corner after corner this douche bag uses half of the opposite lane to make the corner. This pissed me right off because I use this road quite often, its pretty popular with bikes and if I had of been coming the other way I'd be in hospital by now. If you see this guy on the road get the f*ck outta the way. Even better punch the f*ck out of him at the lights.
  2. If he was going out over the centre line early, on corner entry on blind left-handers, he was actually driving for the best possible line of forward vision. It lets you see things like oncoming bikes way earlier and gives you plenty of space to get out of their way - as well as giving you great visibility around the corner to better gauge your safe speed. Lots of fast riders use this technique too.
  3. No he was exiting the corner with half of his car in the wrong lane.
  4. i agree gus_man - shouldn't be on the wrong side of the road - could have just taken it a bit slower.
  5. Public road; no justification. I think we'll pay a bit of attention to the line below your username.
  6. I agree with loz, to make the ride as smooth as possible for him, he should apex on the inside of the corners, and exit wide. It's just the best way!
  7. I wonder if he had a mate somewhere up ahead with a uhf? I have heard of roadworkers employing this technique to drive this way ;)
  8. Totally..... except it seems this wasn't how the car was driving. :-(