Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Law

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by rourkster, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Law of Mechanics: After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch.

Law of the Workshop: Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.

Law of the Telephone: When you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal.

Law of the Alibi: When you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tyre, the very next morning you will have a flat tyre.

Variation Law: If you change traffic lanes, the one you were in will start to move faster than the one you are in now.

Law of the Bath: When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.

Law of Close Encounters: The probability of meeting someone you know increases when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.

Law of the Result: When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will.

Law of Biomechanics: The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.

Theatre Rule: At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle arrive last.

Law of Coffee: As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.

Law of Carpets: The chances of an open-faced peanut butter sandwich landing face down on a floor covering are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet.

Law of Location: No matter where you go, there you are.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly.
  2. Can anyone else see why this is dumb?
  3. I was thinking of this as;
    Because you wont know you dialed a wrong number cos you go "oh its, busy, i'll try back later"
  4. This is in the jokes & humour section. Wasn't meant to be a thesis on telecommunications. Sheesh. :roll:
  5. Rourkster,

If you dial a wrong number and it is busy, how would you know?
  6. Psst, Ibast - it's a joke! What it's trying to comment on is the irony that if you rang the wrong number you always get someone answering which compounds your embarressment at ringing the wrong number. Get it?

Geeze you must be a real barrel of laughs. :roll:
  7. But it's not true. the others are funny because the portend to be true. this is the odd one out.
  8. Ah FFS. I give up. What next - are you going to nitpick the joke about the ejector seat in an Irish helicopter because they plainly wouldn't build it that way??

Fair dinkum. Nurse - sense of humour transplant for patient Ibast. Stat!
  9. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That's funny because when they eject they'll get cut to ribbons by the copter blades... Those wacky Irish!
  10. OK. I'll spell it out.

Funny, because it always seems to be the case.

Not funny, because the premise is incorrect. You do get a busy signal if you dial a wrong number and it is busy. Always.

11. seems to me you've completely missed the premise.

The premise being that of course is it possible to get a busy signal but it never happens, you are always unlucky enough to get somebody answering before you realise your mistake.

just like it is possible to change into a lane which then goes faster, but that never happens

why am i exaplaining this?

12. Trust me Russ - I was wondering why I was explaining it too. Seems Mr Ibast can't get his head around it.
  13. Ok, once more for the dummies. You go to ring your Mum, and you misdial and ring the wrong number. Murphy's Law dictates that that number is never busy and will always be answered by someone you don't know, compunding your embarressment at ringing the wrong number.
  14. I don't have a name for it, but there's obviously a law that dictates that the best way to not get a red light on your whole journey is to need to stop at one to check a map, change the radio etc.
  15. Not if they have call waiting !! :-w
  16. Law of public transport: The minute you light a ciggie, your bus/train/tram will arrive !
  17. Ok guys i understand both your views on the subject but why the fcuk are we arguing about a joke? :LOL:
  18. Now THAT one doesn't need explaining :LOL: :LOL:.
  19. OK you two still haven't got it. How do you know if you got a wrong number, if it is busy?

Saying this is the equivalent of of say "the remote is always in the last place you look". Derrr of course it is. You don't keep looking after you found it.

btw this is fun.
  20. This happens in McDonald's queues as well :p

How do you know if you got a wrong number, if it is busy? Because as you push those numbers you get that niggling feeling that you've hit a wrong button... but you carry on regardless... something inside you screams "hang up! dial again!" but you ignore it... you listen to the ringing... and lo and behold IT'S THE WRONG NUMBER :shock: Now, if the line had been busy, you would say "Phew, that was close. I'm pretty sure I dialled the wrong number. Lucky break". But unfortunately, this never happens due to that pesky Law of the Telephone* :wink: :grin:

*See original post