Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

the horny 9 is the one......

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by timbo79, Nov 23, 2007.

1. hello fellow bikers,
    Had a sit on a h9 today at peter stevens. fits like a glove. the sales guy there at the honda dellar was really helpfull. ive booked a test ride for mid next week....im getting excited......hopfuly i can buy it after ive had a test ride....its so exiting getting a real bike after riding a 250 4 so long cant wait to get out there!!! ill let you guys know how the ride goes.....

2. watch out, hornets bite and there's no cure :LOL:.

3. They are BORING :LOL:

:bolt:

Haha but seriously, enjoy the bike - can't fault it! Congrats

4. +1 phizog,
    If they replaced its castrated engine it might be a reasonable bike.

5. cant be anymore boring than a sv 650 can they.......

6. Nah mate, I really was joking. They ARE a FANTASTIC bike, possibly THE best all rounder. If I thought I could handle the extra weight I would have snapped one up.

7. Hornet 9's are a great all rounder...it's got plenty of power for most, handlles pretty well and it will be bulletproof reliable...

Up until Loz was cruelly robbed of his by the fat arse wombat he loved it!...does decent mono's too :)

8. If it fits in the showroom, you'll love it within the first 100m and have the credit card melting within seconds.

I cannot speak highly enough of these bikes.

Congrats on ya new purchase

Jeff

9. What do they want for one of those on road at the moment?

10. Hey!!!! :mad:

I'll give YOU boring! *shakes fist* The SVs are perfectly fine, thank you!

Hornet 9 looks awesome though, and I'm sure you can always do with those extra 250ccs compared to a 650...congrats! :p

11. Thinking of trading down mate?

12. Just interested...

13. does anyone know the price for the h9 on road??? the guy at peter Steven's said 12k on road sounded a bit expensive. i heard they were at one stage $10,990 on road so 12k seems a little on the high side especially considering the new one will be out some time next year any comments??? :?

14. I might have been the one that said that... It's actually $10,990 + ORC... So $12k probably isn't far off the mark.

Personally I'd be looking second hand, there's some amazingly cheap hornets out there. And yes, it's a brilliant bike, it'll do it all. Anyone who says it's boring is either a way better rider than me, or they don't know what they're on about. The only issue I had with it really was ground clearance - that aside, it delivers such confidence that it makes good riders out of bad ones.

15. Test ride a 1250 Bandit too :grin: :grin:
    They are cheaper than the Hornets ATM

16. thanks loz. i know you aint a bad rider i just saw you at a track day on you tube at calder.....the demo model is $10490 ride away it has about 2 thousand on the clock does that sound like a good deal??? it has a couple of chips on the tank but apart from that it looks pretty sweet do you think you should steer clear of demos or are they ok considering everyone has ridden it and prob. thrashed it around the dealer whom i spoke to said he ran the girl in coming from geelong everyday....and yes two wheels i have considered the bandit but i think coming of my p's it might be too heavy and powerful besides peter Steven's never have any in stoke.....

17. Secondhand bike from bikesales: 1 careful owner, properly run in, 10,000km

Demo bike: 300 barking mad thrash-happy hooligan owners, run in at redline on the back wheel, 2000km.

Warranties are nice and all that, but you and I both know how people treat demo bikes!

18. The specs on the 2 bikes are very similar.
    With a fatter bottom end the Bandit 1250 will be easier to ride.
    The Bandit is taller however and stock will be an issue until next year.

19. you won't regret buying the Hornet.

20. Yeah you don't know what some Ba$tard may have done to it

aV1Q_JdJ.

PqPkM0A.