Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The hell!? liquid in my front tire??

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by thecptn, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Just noticed it right now, I went to check the presure with my gauge, i press down, than 2 seconds latter this light brown, rubber smelling liquid squirts right out! I did it again and heaps more came out, it leaves a sticky residue, there seems to be more left in it...what on sweet earth is it?? :?:
    uodate: just gave it another squirt, and it seems to be all gone.
    cheers

2. dont suppose you left the cap off for a while? maybe it was just full of crap

3. hmmm could be, its all gone now, oh well, thanks for that.

4. I suspect that the tyre might have had a flat at some time and the previous owner has used an aerosol to fix the flat/get him-her home. What you have copped is the residue of what didn't cling to the hole and the inside of the tyre. (my 2c)

5. It will be the compressor used to inflate the tyre (most likley a servo one) was a dodgy old bastard from Fred Flinstone's era and the filter was either stuffed or missing.

Compressors are notorious for delivering wet air.

This is one of the reasons that people opt for Nitrogen as opposed to compressed air.

hmmmmm, maybe I should fit a tyre filler to the medical air at work and charge for tyre inflations :):):)

6. Thanks fellas, im having the the tires changed this or next week any way, so no dramas, any good recomended tires for my ride?

7. Too many brands, too many different compounds to list.

Ages ago, I used Bridgestone BT56's on the babyblade,
    If my memory isnt telling porkies :)