Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Healthy Option

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Highett, Dec 26, 2015.

1. #1 Highett, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    So for Xmas, I was given a timber box with a crowbar taped on top, Product shall reman unnamed.
    Needless to say this crate contained manly items, beer, different types of chilly sauce and canned chillies, plus a packet of corn chips.

The corn chips shall aso remain unnamed however the contents of these so called corn chips shall be exposed;

Product Description
    • Certified organic by Australian Certified Organic
    • Certified gluten free by Coeliac Society of Australia
    • Wholegrain corn
    • All ingredients GMO free
    • Non-hydrogenated, expeller pressed, vegetable oil
    • Cholesterol free
    • No added MSG
    • No artificial colours, flavours or additives
    • No preservatives
    • No yeast, wheat or egg
    • Halal certified
    • Nut Free
    Okay, Christmas is over, I am in my man cave watching movies and sipping bourbon liqueur mixed with honey and find myself in a situation where snack food with a crunch is required.

Hmm those corn chips will hit the spot me thinks.....

Photo of said corn chip:

Feelings of despair fall upon me as I inspect these items that are surposed to be made of corn yet are green.

Looking at the packet which declares the chips contain Kale & Spiruina, Huh WTF is that Sh*t.....

Kale, some sort of non heading cabbage and Spiulina some kind of algae grown on warm ponds (pond scum)

My expectations of a crunchy chip to go with my beverage sinks lower.

But, this is a healhy product, it contains certified organic material and is Halal certified so it must be good.

Oooh how wrong was I.

An initial taste detected a corny sort of flavour that disapeared as the chip was ground into a past which had a soggy cardboard flavour.

I am determined to have a crunchy snack so I start to eat them, the only thing that made them slightly tollerable was the Bourbon.

Now I am not a health freak of any discription and if people want to eat this stuff thats their choice however I say that these corn chips have made my banned list, these chips are discustingly bad, needless to say I could not finish the packet.

And there is the after taste, Yuk
    • Funny Funny x 4
  2. Yeah, they don't look good.

I was put onto a gluten free diet once. I've since determined that I need gluten in my life.
  3. Dieting wont make you live longer it'll just seem longer ;)
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. The best thing to go with beer or bourbon (or rum or vodka) is fried chicken. Can't go wrong with fried chicken.

A match made in heaven...yumm!

• Agree Agree x 3