Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Greek Finance Minister arriving at the office

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Cris, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Yanis Varoufakis might be in charge of an economy that's on the verge of taking the EU down, but he is seriously cool. For a politician. Here he is arriving at work on his XJR 1300:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes I saw that on the news as well. A surprising bike as an Athens commuter choice although they are pretty tough.
  3. ok everyone- yes he is not wearing any gloves, lets just try to keep calm.
    we're going to get through this.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. He's in his fifties, and (I think) only took up riding a couple of years ago. Maybe his choice of bike is a nod to nostalgia for Australia's wide open road.
  5. if he comes off and gets gravel rash he wont be able to choke the chicken or spank his monkey
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Has his monkey been misbehaving again?
  7. seeing hes greek
    I would assume so
  8. Not only that but he pillions other members of parliament without a helmet ;)

9. he charges in wristys doesn't he
  10. Is that what they call 'hard currency'?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. liquid assets
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. haha! Or a short term deposit
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Monicas dress has long term deposits so ive heard
  14. Bill should have gone Greek then ;)
  15. its spelt greek
    they cant afford the capitol anymore
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. There's always a deal to be had in through the back door
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Good for him!

Let's face it, who gives a flying F@#k about what might happen to a Greek polly.

The only good thing that could be said of them is that they manage to make some Ozzie politicians look almost sensible.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. No, it wouldn't have been his choice, but I assume the local Yamaha dealer was the only bike dealer prepared to give credit to the government.

You don't think HE bought it do you?
  19. In Greece you learn to ride by the time you are 15
  20. I dunno if you realise this, Lionz, but you have just about summed up the problems of Greece.