Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Good Gear Guide

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Toecutter, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Got this via the Motorcycle Council NSW.....

This is a guide to gear that will improve your riding comfort and could save you from preventable injuries.

Click here
  2. Good find on that.. I really think they need to start booking people for wearing t-shirt, thongs and shorts..
  3. If they start booking riders for squidding then where does it stop? Legislation demanding that riders must wear protective gear (above and beyond the helmet)?

Does that legislation then end or does it go on to state that the gear must conform to certain regulations - high visability etc?

Do we really need laws to decide what clothes we wear while riding or are our personal choices irrelevant?

Yes - a squid coming off may incur more injuries and require more medical treatment and therefore a higher cost. Instead of laws to control riders in this instance why not have the insurer attach benefits for wearing appropriate gear?

For the record I'm one of the ATGATT riders but I for one don't want to government taking my freedom of choice in anything. They are there too much already.
  4. +1 there's a thing called personal responsibility. People want government to regulate everything for them these days. And with that TAC looking into lower payouts for ill-geared riders all is good.
  5. I put it in General Discussion and some low down mod moved it... :LOL: