Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The future of riding gear?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by titus, Dec 16, 2011.

1. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/N...-aint-seen-nothing-introducing-safety-sphere/

Seriously. I'll bet the safetycrats are wetting themselves with excitement.

2. I can't quite work this out - do you then get flung around inside the big orange ball as it goes bouncing down the road.

3. So dont educate riders or drivers on making the roads safer, just make them more crash happy.

Excellent plan... Not.

4. Wtf ...

5. That made me laugh.... Love this comment on YT:

6. It rather reminds me of the inflatable orange bird in Angry Birds... :)

go through the van window and blow it to pieces...

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 titus, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Pretty much like [URL="]this[/URL], I would think.

8. News 2013:

The rider survived the accident but subsequently bounced over the cliff.

9. then out come the mini's and play soccer with you? nice animated clip tho.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Why don't they just give us ejector seats and parachutes, makes more sense than turning into a giant moon hopper

11. An animation shows a hi vizzed knob of a rider, hammering down an empty highway, not spotting the van & the van failing to spot the (hi vizzed) rider... Then they collide in a glancing collision - not a t-bone, and the rider rolls off into the sunset like Veruka Salt to the squeezing room, interestingly remaining on the correct side of the road which isn't physically possible from a glancing blow...

Is the inventor even a rider?

For a safety ad, the rider isn't even wearing gloves... interesting.

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'

12. You guys are just spoilsports - this thing is clearly intended to make crashing FUN! :wink:

(Then again, we know what the authorities think about fun...)

13. Hate to be in an accident under over-head power lines, in a tunnel, under a bridge or tram line...

I always would have thought it'd be a great idea that the suit turns into a giant zorb ball and you get bashed around...pretty sure every car would stop when they see a giant colourful ball fly at them!

You might look like the g**** girl from Willy Wonka, but you will have minimal damage with a bit of daze.

14. this.
    go through mr smidsys windscreen an inflate like BANG squashing all inside to death

15. Honestly, this actually sounds like an awesome idea to me. One of the most annoying things that holds back riding (for me) is having to wear all the protective crap. If this thing actually works, you could do away with the helmet and look super cool with your hair blowing in the breeze (i assume in the collapsed state it doesn't cover your head, 'cause you know, suffocation). And you could wear whatever clothes you want underneath the super suit. Only thing that would make me more comfortable would be A) A built in method of stopping (maybe magnetic so you stick on the first car you bounce into and then you get a free ride?) and 8) a more mechanical trigger, don't trust all those electrics having to function perfectly together for it to work.

16. what i want to know is what bike is he riding??

17. You hate wearing all the gear, but you think youll be comfortable in a sealed suit probably about as breathable as a vinyl BDSM suit?

18. In a collision situation, the passengers are thrown from the motorcycle, the cord connecting them to the motorcycle seat disconnects.
    What happens if you hop off the bike in a carpark and disconnect the cord?

19. Hilarity is what happens.

20. If it's unbreathable like that it's going to be about the same as the rest of my gear :p Didn't wanna buy any summer stuff since I'm selling the bike