Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The first BSA Rocket Gold Star in USA

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Roarin, Nov 28, 2005.

1. So did anyone else enjoy the yarn?
  2. I bookmarked it for a rainy night, Andrew, looking forward to it (old stuff 'n all) :D
  3. Brilliant stuff, just so evocative. I never had a Goldstar, but I built a replica from a B33 that is essentially the same motor, but iron, not alloy (and a lot slower). In the story he buys parts from "Pride and Clarke", well bugger me if that's not where I used to get my bits when I lived in London. It was in Stockwell, South London, and on a Saturday morning it was like biker heaven outside, with just about anything you could think of parked somewhere nearby. One of these mornings I was all thumbs, fitting a replacement 'something' outside 'Snyde & Sharks', when this older bloke offered to help the hopelessly incompetent idiot boy. It turned out to be the great Bill Ivy, and my mind was well and truly blown. He was killed not long afterwards, practicing for the German GP.
  4. great read,
    Nice to see the beeza sticking it up harleys.
  5. What a great yarn. It's not elegantly written, but it tells the story, and captures an age long gone. Thanks for that Andrew.