Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Dukes first real outing (Track Day)

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Bangr, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Well it is all over for me now , my life will be spent earning enough money to get the Duke new parts just to make me look like I know what I am doing. :cool:

On wed a few of us went down for a day at the island ,(thank you vtr for the weather - I think the sacrfice was going a bit far but thank you) , we had a great day , both in weather and in fun.

Let me start with the day before , I drive down the road , a proud man , in his van , looking in his mirror that as G would call it "Bike p0rn" , my new pride and joy sat up in the back of the van , just incase the track bike misbehaved . Behind my van I have the freshly painted and stickered up trailer , One person in Cranbourne asked me if I was a racer (dreams a little ) , the pakage looks the part , dam shame about the rider. :rofl:

In the trailer another two bikes , 2749 cc (384 hp) in total , a big red tooll box , racing fuel , tyre warmers , race stands , new leathers (fcuking wanker) , we had every thing . well almost , were is the rider to go with all this shit .
    (I really need to trim the load)

Great Dinner that night down at Cowes and a few drinks in the local. :beer:

the Next morning at o my god oclock , we head down to the track . Once we are set up , (tyre warmers for the first time) and ready to go it is time for a coffee and briefing , two groups , fast and slow , about 15 bikes in each . :blah:

The first outing was on the track bike , first person on the track for the day , I almost felt like I was the only one out there . As much fun as I was having I was cut short with a blck flag (oil leak onto the headers) and that was the end of the day for that girl :furious: , could not see the sense in getting flustered trying to fix it onsite when I had a race bred bike just sitting there.

Tyre warms onto the Duke and I wait nervously for our second outing , :eek:hno:

Out we go , I have only been on the bike 3 times , and for not much time as the knee has not allowed me to . I can honestly say I have not riden anything like it . I did my first lap as per normal and just got my self sorted , Then worked up from there . The bike does every thing you want it to and more (sure I saw it pass out a coffee 1/2 way around turn one) . I could push well beyond my capabilities and it just wanted more , more turn in speed , more exit speed , able to turn that power on much earlier.
    I could come out of MG and the front wheel is lifting , and normaly I would shut it off as my ass cheeks grab the seat , but I was happy to just let it float. and still it asked for more.

I have not had so much fun in a long time and once the nervous settled about having her out there it was the best time on a bike in a long time . I was given some tips from other people that really helped , like the fact that on the track bike I was more cranked over were as on the duke i was much stiffer and not letting the bike do its thing , from this we went out , pushed it harder and got it I am sure over more than the track bike was , and felt more comfortable doing it. :bannanabutt: The 996 is just off its nut , once you get it going and really start to ride it I would be hard pressed to find some thing that would do it as well as this , even going over luckey with the bike moving around and squming , it felt nice , and if that was the zxr I would of again shut of and my ass cheeks would of grabbed that seat.

All in all a great day , spent doing what I love with some great people and could not of asked for a better time with the bikes. near perfect.

I am just working out in my head how much I can get for the track bike and how much Duke spares that gets me . :-k