Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Doctor, the Tornado and the Kentucky Kid

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Loz, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Finally saw this last night.

I was worried it would be a super-jingoistic "America, fcuk yeah" kind of show - I mean, it's clearly been produced as a way to break into the American audience that doesn't give a rat's about MotoGP.

It wasn't so bad though. Yes, it focused almost entirely on Hayden, Edwards and Hopkins. Yes, it talked the Laguna Seca track up as the world's most scary. But Ewan McGregor's great narration pulled it through. The story and the race weren't the world's most exciting but it's definately worth a watch and very much in the vein of its prequel, "Faster."

I also got hold of a copy of "Dust to Glory," the Baja 1000 documentary by Dana Brown, the son of the guy who made my favourite bike movie "On Any sunday." I've only watched the first two minutes... But that one looks like a fcuking cracker!
  2. Have watched this as well, really good. Just as good as Faster I think, it still gives a good roundup of the riders and the season and so on. There's also another shorter, in-between one as catchup between when Faster and DTKK were made, called (surprisingly) Faster and Faster. Only goes for about an hour tho.