Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Devil on the ring road.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Removed_User6, Nov 21, 2005.

1. lane splitting up through the traffic on mc intyre rd and get to the front sitting next to a black commadore at the lights waiting to turn Right onto the ring road.
    Lights chance , give the throttle a bit of a twist and on to the ring road ,click from 2nd to 6th and let it drop down to 105kph and cruising along .
    Then I look up to see the signs over the over pass flashing , checked my mirror and theres blue lights and flashing head lights and sirens.

I pull into the emergancy lane , helmet off and gloves , mobile phone ear piece out and ask whats the problem.

The policemen , instead of using the normal run of the mil lines they have actually just talked to me.
    I had a bit of red insulation tape covering one of the letters on a angle on my rego plate.
    He siad that he doesnt want to book me $110 and 3 points so why the tape?
    I explained that my son was using my bike to tie his cubby house to and its from that, he then said how long have you had the bike as i was handing over my licsense.
    I told him since march , what CC's is it he ask , 1000 is said.
    He said you gave it a rip down the on ramp , I told him that each time i have come down there cars chop me so I give it a squirt just to get ahead.

a squirt , I thought you were going to do a run!
    he said i wouldnt have cut you , and i said but your not every other motorist either.
    he warned me about the plate and told me to be carefull and left.

from the devil thread the other day this is exactly what I was talking about , he was polite , he gave me the benifet of the doubt , he warned me about the plate giving me the oppertunity to remove the tape and the whole time was polite and down to earth.

I thought he was what some of the other coppers ( the bad apples) should take a leaf out of his book.

he didnt speak to me about the noise ( couldnt hear his sirens :oops: :roll: )
    he didnt say anything about the black strip on the plate , he was only interested in the reason for the squirt and also the red tape.

If the coppers are having a gander here , congrats to the one in the black commadore that pulled me up at 8:44pm on the ring road, proffessional and down to earth , hard to find these days.
  2. Great to hear a good report for once. Thanks for sharing Glen :D
  3. Wow, stark contrast to the last thread I read. :shock: Good to see a ray of sunshine. :D
  4. I would have booked you . Dang , if i was riding with you i would have told him to throw you in the clanger :LOL: :LOL: .
    Good story. like everything , it's the few that taint every-one with the same brush .
  5. It's excellent to hear a good report about a copper doing his job well. ;)
  6. Forget the red tape, he should've busted you for the "teal" paint job!

Glad to hear there's still some good cops out there.
  7. Yes, we know - you've been trying to get rid of him for years! :p
  8. Good balance in this report, Glen, and it IS relevant to the Sympathy for the Devil thread. A reasonable cop, not subjected to smart-aleck attitude, and a good outcome as a direct result.
  9. Does this make you want to join the big blue gang now Glen?
  10. Tie a cubby house to a bike? :LOL:
  11. He probably recognised you from the time they took your photo (& Vic's :LOL: ) and decided
    that since you've got those organised crime connections he'd better be nice to you
    or you'll talk to your high-up mates about him...

:LOL: :LOL: :p :p :p
  12. which ones that ?
    the pope or God ?
  13. You've got a talking washing machine??? :p :p
  14. 105kph ?? you're a CRIMINAL and should be PUNISHED !!!
  15. rolled off to sit on 105, it was about 130-140 on the on ramp :oops:
  16. :LOL: :LOL:

(and half our younger members are scratching their heads saying 'Where's the joke"?)

Love it Tony....
  17. i dont get it :(
  18. "Pope" used to be a brand of washing machine, before the big conglomerates gobbled up all the smaller white-goods company. There was a Cardinal fridge too......

And a Silent Knight kerosene-powered fridge

And a Stromberg-Carlson fridge

and a zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  19. wtf is this guy talking about...f*#k the police.