Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

the day after tomorrow

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by russ, Dec 30, 2008.

1. is a terrible film.

that is all.

2. But it does have Emmy Rossum in it...

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. yep !
    Totally agree. The movie sucks dogs balls big time !!!!

4. Really? Wow, I must have an awful taste in movies! I thought it was about a six out of ten! :oops:

5. ](*,)

I actually meant the day the earth stood still...

either way, both films get the same review :LOL: :LOL:

6. #6 Mickyb V9, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    yep, i thought thats what you meant.
    There has been a few crap movies out, including Quantum of Solace - total waste of time !!

I can't wait for this to come out !!!
    [media=youtube]X9NNhWJPamM[/media]

Christian Bale as John Connor !!! :eek:
    and check out those motorcycle Terminators !!

7. Russ, re-edit your topic then to reflect the proper film title.
    I hated the plotline to the day after tomorrow but liked the special effects.

8. ...then the whole thread will be out of whack. Should just leave it so's we can all point and laugh.

Hee hee, just kidding Russ.

That pic of Emmy Rossum in the red dress is a bit ordinary.

I liked 'The Day After Tomorrow'....

Wait a minute, did someone say Christian Bale?

9. The original version of the The Day The Earth Stood Still, however, is a bloody classic.

10. Yes, I was always rather impressed by the bike cop who supposedly spent an hour trying to start his Indian Chief (or possibly Hydraglide, can't remember) and hadn't collapsed in a sweaty heap by the time everything started working again.

I dunno. When it comes to slightly cod '50s sci-fi movies, X the Unknown or any of the flavours of Quatermass are hard to beat.

11. +1

From the ads I've seen they have totally changed the plotline!

12. I find wavy hair to be so very gorgeous.

Throw out your hair-straighteners, ladies!

13. Her hair's pretty, she just looks a bit skinny and over-posed in that pic...the other one's more natural, 'tis much better I think :)

14. You're right.
    The first one is a promo shot, and the second is what she actually looks like while she makes you a sandwich while wearing nothing but your high-school football jersey.

15. so completely naked then...

16. +1
    Loved that movie too

17. Hmmm, a hollywood remake movie that stinks.

Whoda thunk it?

The original Day the Earth Stood Still has been on foxtel a lot recently. It's great.

18. It's a fcuking GLOBAL WARMING film. Of course it's going to be shit. Jump on the bandwagon, everybody.

Benjamin Button was quite possibly the shittest film I've seen all year.

19. You know, it incenses me that there are people like me out there writing original and engaging novels that would make great films, but do I get optioned? No. They remake films that were already successful and turn them into massively expensive, CGI shit, with arseholes like Tom Cruise making a mockery of quality characters.

There are so many good, new, original stories out there, but Hollywood has no balls.

Bastards.

(I feel strongly about this).

:shock:

:)