Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The countdown...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Hyssy, Apr 11, 2006.

1. I'll keep harking on till the day...

It's 1 month, 3 weeks and 5 days till I get my CBR600F :wink: Now I had a sneaky quick go on one during a ridership course when a very generous woman did a quick swapsie for my 250.

What I'm after really, is any tips for adjusting to such a bigger bike. The fairing, the extra weight and riding position will take a bit of getting used to. I have the day off work, and will be down to the shop like a shot to spend the day round these (luckily) quiet suburb streets getting acquainted. Just like I did when I learned the first time round.

My dad will most likely be going down with me too (he has a Blackbird, life time rider).

But anything you guys can offer advice on, I'd really appreciate. Even down to just tips on sitting at lights etc.

2. Be careful when you're parking it till you're used to the extra weight.

Reversing down your friends driveway, etc. :)
  3. Oh rats, I thought this was another "Baby Announcement" thread! :grin:

Yeah, what he said, the extra weight and balance will be more of an issue than the extra power; do the same as you did with the 250, find a quiet factory area and do some practicing of u-turns and stops etc...
  4. Swoit... but be careful, they reckon red ones are faster :eek:hno:

Wot they said before is true, esp when walking the bike etc.
    Also keep a tight control over the right wrist until you get used the extra grunt.

You're gunna luuuuurve it :grin: