Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The countdown is on :-)

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by VTRBob, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Guess who's moving from Melb to Coff's Hbr in about 3 months :smile:
    Moving into the "homeowner" catergry :twisted:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&s=nsw&snf=rbs&tm=1158917421&c=36757417

Last wed I finally negotiated settlement in 90 days ( 15-dec )
    on a 1/2 acre less than 2 year old 3 bedroom house c/w ... huge 3 bay ( 5 bike ) + workshop, lock up garage. for less than 250k :cool:

Hmm that puts the VTR within an Hrs ride of the Oxley Hwy Shocked :twisted: :wink:

Not to mention the enternal sunshine and good riding weather ! :cool:

So I guess there's going to be a Leaving Melb Party in the coming months. :twisted:

2. Congrats on the purchase Bob and Nadeen :dance: :dance:
    We will have to come up for a visit :grin:

3. Coffs is a nice place. I really like Wooli.
    Unemployment was a problem a few years (maybe 10) ago, but you get that in country towns. It wasn't the lack of work, but people moving there for that lifestyle. There is plenty of industry in Coffs now though.
    Just be warned, in summer they have some awesome thunderstorms with hail, so keep that in mind if leaving things out. They come up pretty quickly too, due to how close the mountains are. Just looking at the map it looks like you are up in the hills?

Regards, Andrew.

4. Coffs Harbour? How lucky can a couple get?

Congrats mate, and the weather up there is PERFECT....

Breakfast at the Tide and Pilot at the end of the breakwater on a balmy Sunday morning before a polite ride up the Oxley... sigh

5. Ah, this leaves me in two minda. Happy that you have got a new (big) place/for cheap *CONGRATS!!!* But sad you're leaving Melbourne mate.

Great to see you are happy with it all :) When I'm all better hope to be able to drop in and see the new place :)

Really happy for you :grin: Do you have work up there or anything btw?

6. Yup its up in the hills, a nice 20min ride / 30 min drive into town / beaches.
    Thanks for the heads up on the weather but I lived there 20 years ago for awhile, and got family thats about 5 mins down the road on 100 acres :twisted:

7. Thanks Dude :) and yeah got job offers coming from all sides :?
    Theres my Bro's bike shop ( the prefered option ) or I got 3 tractor dealerships making offers :twisted:

8. Well, it would appear you have it made in the shade!
    I can't wait to go rural, we looked at a rental on 15 acres on Tuesday, and our block on the coast was lovely and green...........space, the final frontier!

Regards, Andrew.

9. OH NO!!!! Who's going to compete with scumbags now for evil naughty thoughts????!

Way to go guys! Best of luck and wishes to ya's!!!

:woot: [img:50:15:8b89cb53b3]http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/759.gif[/img:8b89cb53b3][img:25:24:8b89cb53b3]http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/767.gif[/img:8b89cb53b3]

10. oooh looks so nice, and in the hills too!!!! very cool, congrats guys :grin: you will be missed of course, but good luck and best wishes :)

11. Congrats mate. Perfect weather; perfect move.

12. Nice-looking place - congratulations!

Sorry to see you go, but that part of the world's pretty damn nice. Lots of good riding, too. :grin:

13. Congratulations to the two of you!!!!

Who's going to have a grope now??? Looks like my backside is safe again :wink:

We'll be sad to see the 2 of you go, but it just means more excuses for road trips!

:beer: :beer: :woot:

14. Nadeen has given me permission to come down to Melb at least 4 times a year so I can give your backside a big grope :p :twisted:
    ( she wants to know if she can come down with me and grope your backside too ? )

PS: your backside will never be safe from me

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

15. Congrats Bob and Nadeen.

It will be sad to see you both go. Good Luck!

:woot:

16. Congrats Bob and Nadeen :)
    Lucky bastards :p
    I'm with Lil, my backside will be safe except on quarterly basis...

17. great news guys. may it be all that you could ever dream or hope for.

and by the way, i like the sound of THIS...!!!

"3 bay, 3 door garage" :grin: