Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The conclusion to my MV or Ducati thread

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Mr_Ignorant, May 25, 2008.

1. Some of you may remember my 'MV Agusta and Ducati - any good?' thread a few weeks back.

I thought i would post up the conclusion.
    My wife decided she wanted to learn to ride which put a screaming halt to my plans on a bike as we now had to get something learner legal.

We viewed the possible bikes in magazines, online and at a few bike shops. My wife's primary concern was looks LOL. Today we put down a deposit on the Aprili RS125 Lorenzo edition.

My wife is more than capable of handling a bike like this so no need for concern. The only concern we have is can she buy an outfit that matches the bike :roll:

Delivery shouldn't be to far away. It will give me a good chance to get used to riding a bike again after which, i will pick up something for myself.

2. :shock:

So, let me get this right. You're choosing twix a Duke and an MV, then the wife expresses an interest and you end up with a 125.

My God, how hot would a woman have to be to weild this sort of influence? Can you post a picture of her?

3. um yeah,good choice.. :shock: :?
  4. yes well a happy wife = happy life..... or so she tells me.

In the other thread, others expressed buying a smaller bike to get used to riding again. It's been a few years since i last rode a bike so i think their advice was right. I'll have the odd days on this then once the ability and confidence it up to par i'll grab a bike for me.

It will weird riding a bike that is considerably slower than my car :?
  5. ...afterall all that... you go with a two stroke??

Well, good luck with it all. :)
  6. mr Ignorant is very wise; he knows that the only two words a bloke needs to know are "yes dear" :LOL:.
  7. If i want to have sex again i didn't really have much choice mate LOL.

It did give me a chance to check out the MV's a bit closer though and i think after all my 'Ducati this, ducati that' angle i am now leaning towards the MV. Hopefully it won't be long until i have my way!
  8. You buy the bike, she buys the whip .... :LOL:
  9. Famous last words.... :roll:
  10. Seems like shes well and truly capable of handling you also. :LOL:

Like what?? A new set of balls perhaps??
  11. I suspect he bought her the whip as well.
  12. :LOL: Must be the Novocastrian influence, but I agree with Spiky. SHOW US A PIC OF HER :LOL: :LOL: . BTW at least you kept with the Italian theme
  13. congrats on buying the fastest lawnmower on the market.
  14. :grin:
  15. they're a nice little bike.
    nowhere near as fast as they look, though. when she gets her licence park it in the loungeroom, make a coffee table out of it or something. a two-stroke race replica with cigarette branding is more than a bike, it's a statement of hedonism. arty!

you didn't consider a restricted 600 Monster?
  16. as a woman, I have to say that i think any woman who EVER says things like this to her husband/partner needs to be made single again.
  17. ahh the Aprili RS125. The ride of the pussywhipped.
  18. You still have sex? Can't have been married long :LOL: :LOL: :cry:
  19. Like what?? A new set of balls perhaps??[/quote]

Now THAT was funny LOL.

Thanks everyone for the laughs. I always like the way you lot try to out-do each other with piss-takes LOL :)

A monster was out as we both wanted a full fairing bike.

I can't post any pics of the missus as i'm worried the next day i will see headlines in the papers of 'multiple deaths in Sydney as men drown in own drool'.
  20. I think you made a bold choice, both on the purchase and telling us about it. :p

Make sure you update us after a few rides, I can't help but think a second bike will follow shortly as the 125 just wont push all the buttons. My biggest criticism is that it's a replica of Jorge "stick a pole up my ar$e and call me a chuppa chup" Lorenzo. He's a talented beyond belief tool. The worst type :LOL: .