Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Black Dog Ride...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by brokey, Dec 23, 2010.

1. #1 brokey, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Havent been on here for some time...lurking in the wings and taking it easy...
    Anyway, here is a link to a first draft of what will be a doco on the BDR ride to the red centre...

For those that are not familiar with the BDR there is info at their web site at...

2. wow, col good to 'hear' from you on Netrider again

{new Netriders, check out Brokey's join date :shock:}
  3. Makes you 'n' me look like noobs, eh Paul? A true survivor in every sense of the word!

That ride looks cool.
  4. I do happen to come on here to check whats happening but I tend to get too depressed with all the talk of two wheels going on...and me not ever getting back on again....

5. Looks like a hard, fun ride for a cause worth publicising.
    Well done Col - the doco looks great.
  6. I understand, although no-one could say they know how you feel, I know I couldn't..
  7. Holy cow, he must be older than you Paul.

Good luck Col and hope we can stay updated on what looks like a huge adventure.

8. how did you remember your password?
  9. Amazing video. Thank you. I wanted to do this ride, having suffered ... though in a much milder way ... from depression myself.

Sadly, I was unable to ... this time.
  10. I have a mate who went on this ride and asked me along but i couldnt go.he rode a black Rocket III and his son rode a Hyosung.real good cause.Nice video.
    Depression sufferer and suicide failure.
  11. Great cause, great video. Keep up the good work mate.
  12. A good ride for a very good cause...of which I suffer from myself too...

Just wanted to point out that I dont have anything to do with the ride so please direct and queries, compliments or other to http://www.blackdogride.com.au/

13. Hi Col
    Thanks for posting about our Black Dog Ride to the Red Centre and thanks to the other contributors also for the kind words of support.
    It was an amazing journey for all of us and I'm thrilled that we can share it with the world through our highlights video. We are hopeful of receiving national TV coverage for the full documentary when it is released in the 1st quarter of 2011......Steve
  14. #14 blackdog rider, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Hi Col

Thanks for posting about our Black Dog Ride to the Red Centre and thanks to the other contributors also for the kind words. We are thrilled that we can share our awesome ride with the rest of the world through the highlights video. [media=youtube]IW735pg2ANA[/media]
    We are hopeful that the completed documentary will be picked up by a national TV network when it is completed in the 1st quarter of 2011.

15. Anyone heading off for this years' 2011 Black Dog Ride? I'm just starting to plan if I can join in this year and it's looking good. It was a pretty fantastic ride and I met a lot of nice riders. I'm really looking forward to it.
  16. Great video! Please keep us up to date with the rest of it!!
  17. + 1, great cause
  18. That video is a preview of a doco that is supposed to air on channel 7 at some point in time. They had a film crew along with riders from both Perth and Sydney and all the way to Glen Helen Resort in NT.
  19. Thanks for all the posts guys :)
    This year's Ride to the Red Centre is shaping up to be even bigger and better than last year's with 140 riders from around the country registered to go all the way to Glen Helen Resort already.
    If you can't participate in the whole Ride please consider supporting the cause by joining the start of the event in each capital city. More details and online registration can be found on the website.

Look forward to seeing you on the Black Dog Ride....Steve