Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

the bird. think twice, perhaps...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by twainharte, May 18, 2007.

1. :shock: :LOL:

more stuff here : the legal history of the finger

2. how come the large space in the quotes ?

Cheers :cool:

3. For 300 G's, it's gotta have been worth it!

(Hey, the pork chopper is always hovering over my place! *thinks*)

4. well, it was a visual metaphor, if that's even a phrase. i'm sure there was a slight pause between when he flipped the bird to when he got jumped hence the space.

5. Yeah I HATE that.
    It's such a noisy chopper too. Makes the windows rattle. :(

6. Form the title I thought this was going to be a thread bagging the Blackbird and was getting all ready to be defensive and angry...... :LOL:

7. I can understand why they hover over your place though :p

8. I can provide some comment from the other side - as someone who has been flying low over houses at night for a specific reason and was spotlighted.

On approach to land we had an emergency develop with the landing gear - very bad juju as it could have meant a cartwheeling crash on landing. We couldn't dump any more fuel so had to circle to burn off as much as possible before landing. On the last few circuits we stayed close to the strip so we could get in as soon as the fuel hit the absolute lowest we could without flaming out. On the second last approach a powerful spotlight opened up from a backyard and they deliberately shone it straight into the cockpit. Luckily it wasn't that effective and it didn't dazzle the pilots. If it had, given we were now low on fuel and in an emergency, this could have caused us to crash! The tower said they were getting the cops onto it but because we landed a couple of minutes later, the light went out before the cops could follow it in. I wish the cops had made it in time and done a bit of contact counselling on these a'holes. They directly threatened our lives.

If it is the middle of the night, the cops don't hover low over houses just for the sake of being pricks. They only do it if they absolutely have to. Even if just to avoid all the irate phone calls. Anyone that does anything to disrupt this deserves to get "looked after".

9. And I would like to get my hands on the little asshole who is aiming a bloody lazer into the cockpits of approaching aircraft at Jandakot. He has been at it for some weeks now and they can't catch the prick...

10. That ain't the half of it. Did you know that some little assholes in Perth think it is funny to get emergency beacons from their Dad's boat, go somewhere heavily forested, set the beacon off and then go and hid in the scrub some distance away. Every beacon has to be investigated so within an hour or so helicopters, SES and/or Police will arrive. They get a kick out of seeing the helicopters flying low and slow and then they sneak off once everyone has turned up.

11. I thought EPURB's were all registered and carried a $10,000 fine for the owner if set off without a damn good reason[?]

12. Nope not all, only 406Mhz units have an individual i.d. code. The older 121.5 beacons do not transmit an individual i.d code at all, they just transmit a simple signal for search aircraft to 'home' in on. These, though still in widespread use, are in the process of being phased out by 2009.

13. And this is one of the reasons why they are phasing them out...."false" detections. There are other aspects of the 121.5 system that also give false detections and they aren't as accurate as 406 but I know from having been at the control centre that gets the live satellite feed from the SAR satellites, these malicious activations are a pain in the ass.

14. ....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...