Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

the bike do NOT start, help the newbie pls~~~

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by alwayseric, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rode for 5mins after dinner before it became dark just now. on the way back, tried to do hill start, so pulled over the bike. then it happened, my first time, i droped the bike. when i droped it , the engine somehow reved very high, i guessed it was because of my right hand still on the throttle. anyway, turned off the engine, and fell with the bike. then got up, pulled the bike up(it is so heavy). everything seems fine, no even scratch on the fair, as far as i coud see. sat back on the bike, tried to turn on the engine, it is what i exactly did:

1. sat on
    2. turn the switch to "on"
    3. hold back the clutch (at neutral gear or first gear)
    4. press the ignition button

there was the engine noise, indicating it was trying (sounds very normal), but just did NOT start.

when i pressed the ignition the button, the headlight was turned on automatically (?), and became a little dim.

the battery was replaced 2 days ago(friday), the guy in the battery world charged it for me for about 2 hours. i rode 20-30mins since friday (actually just on friday). today the first start was good.

the bike is gpx250. please give some ideas, what is going wrong? is it still the battery? what can i do?

2. Kill switch ?

3. As Stroker says, make sure you didn't accidently flick the kill switch.
    If the head light's going dim, may be, just may be, it's the weak battery, but you should still be able to do a push start it in 2nd or 3rd gear, if you know how to do it. I hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.