Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The best value insurance is.....???

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Rogues, Jan 9, 2008.

1. We've all checked out prices on insuring our bikes.......so what insurance company did you select?
    What do you consider was the best value at the time......your thoughts.

2. InsureMyRide was cheapest for me.

Male. Under 25. ZX6R.

3. Much for muchness all arund the $800 mark Male >40 ZX9

4. Swann Insurance <$300 M 58 900 Yamaha

Tip: Try SSAA Insurance Brokers if you're a SSAA member. (May not be cheaper, but they sure try hard for you.)

5. I'm 4 years older than you, with a 600 Honda Hornet and a good driving record. I pay $265 a year with Western QBE. Only (theoretical) downside is they get to choose my repairer, but their preferred repairer in Wollongong is the official Honda dealer anyway.....

6. There are a million topics on this, every time someone wants insurance and can't be bothered to ring 4 companies and webquote 1 other. Go get quotes for your situation, cos everyone is different. If you can't do that, do a search here, read everyones different prices, then go get quotes anyway cos your situation will be different.

MODS CAN WE LOCK AND DELETE THIS BORING RE-THREAD PLEASE

7. Ahhhh, I do thank most of you for your replies....and your welcome.
    Not having had anything to do with cycle insurance for a long period and
    being 54 you would think that I would check out prices wouldnt you, however some policies can be cheap BUT not good, hence my question to the adults on this site. :?
    Also being 54 I'm not used to dealing with numnut 5 year olds.

Being a mod on another site I tend to take the view that what is old news to the experienced is brand new to the uninitiated so it is worthwhile to allow them some latitude.....they may just surprise you, (unlike some) when they achieve their 'mind blowing' 600 odd posts.

....and if you dont like it, you dont have to read it.
    Rogues

8. PM sent

9. For an over 40 it's hard to go past Arista I hear.