Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The best time of year to buy a bike.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by BadoomChing, Apr 20, 2005.

1. G'day All,

Getting close to making The 250 Trade-In and wondered whether winter would see an appreciable difference in bike prices?

2. Not on the surface, but most people think you have better bargaining power in winter, owing the fact that bike sales slow down during this period, and the dealers are keener to get a sale.

I guess it depends on how well you can wheel & deal, and what sort of mood the dealer is in!

For private buying/selling, I can't imagine there would be an appreciable difference... unless the seller was in a particular hurry to get rid of the bike.
  3. Generally if you're looking to buy a bike, pick a day thats is pouring down (not hard in Melbourne). if they've had a slow week they'll be more willing to deal. Generally 250's hold their value, so if you're trading it in, it probly won't make much difference.

I know when i bought my 600, the bike shop dropped $500 off the price, as they had a slow week. there was a nicer FZR600, that they wouldn't bring down as much, and they still haven't sold it (2.5 years later). and they're still asking the same price.
    Ge honda hf120