Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by VFR750 IRYDE, Nov 8, 2008.

1. It finally happened.

After months of blissful happiness with my lovely 1994 Viffer, I woke up this morning and wondered if there might be a better bike out there for me. :?:

It's not that I'm unhappy! Oh, no, things couldn't be better. And it's certainly true that my little Viffer and I are still learning new things about each other, and there is much room for growth together...

It's just that... well...

I've never tried a CBR1100 Blackbird...

Or an R1... :?

Is this the beginning of the end? Are my Viffer and I doomed?

Those with prior experience please tell me, is this craving here to stay? Will it only be satiated by new experience and broader horizons, or is it just a passing fancy?

I guess I just want to know if I should get a good divorce lawyer... :grin:

2. In a society where people cannot even commit to human relationships (sometimes justifiably so), I highly doubt there is a moral quandary here. My opinion is that as long as it is within our means, we should try and buy as many different models as we want without feeling guilty!

Remember, you grow, motorcycles dont.

That said, if you've personalised your motorcycle a lot- it might be a little hard to let go (financially and sentimentally). Otherwise, you can always buy another model of the same colour and year and in better condition if you want to later.

3. It is hard to beat a VFR for overall niceness!

4. I don't think it's possible to stay with one bike for your whole life...it's certainly very difficult when new, shiny, younger bikes whizz past and cause such temptation........

what a dilemma

perhaps you could wifeswop for a day? I mean....test ride :p

5. Yeah, it's over. Best move on by riding as many bikes as you can, as fast as you can! :grin:

6. Despite what some people say it is ok to have more than one bike in your garage

You just have to make sure that you're man enough to service them both as regularly as they deserve.:-w

7. My 1980 GS450 is the first bike I've owned, I named him Eeyore, coz he's a sad motorcycle. I'm a sentimental kind of guy, and I feel bad for wanting to buy a new bike lol.

8. According to the rival "scientific theory" of "intelligent" design erm....well, the ummm....irreducible complexity of erm....well the jesus gene.....um 6000 year old.....eerrmmmmm dinosaur.....urrg... and the...ahem, well yes ummm......GOD DID IT! Now go to church and stop listening to those pesky scientific fairytales before you burn for eternity!*

*Note while the prior post was satire, I understand that it is quite easy to mistake satire in religion posts as some people actually believe these nutty ideas.

Note 2 I am not saying the people who believe such things are not intelligent people, I am merely saying that they cling to some silly ideas and spread misinformation about a topic that they know piss all about.

Note 3 Im just going to zip up this flame retardant suit and await the onslaught.

9. Note 4 (or is that 'Not4...' ;)) It's not satire if you disclaimer all over it!

10. change bikes, change them often.

if you can affort it why let your passion become stale?

i dont think i could own just 1 bike for a year. (im on my 3rd this year)

11. Lifes too short to stay with the same bike for too many years.

12. Dude! That takes some effort.

(Or do you just keep crashing them...?) :p

13. I'm afraid to say, that the rot has set in..you are doomed!

...and once you plant your backside on a nice new and very powerful bike, your Viffer will be yesterdays news.
    Pass it on to someone who will be in a position to appreciate it.

..and go test ride with a mind to buying a newie. :)

John.