Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Aussie Pride

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Le Squid, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Driving through Maroochydore today and a fully loaded 4wd workute had stalled on an uphill at a stop sign. The two blokes in the car where trying to push it so the banking up traffic behind could get through. Out of about 9 cars 4 blokes ran down to help push the car =D>, to my surprise there was a mother (yummy too) with 3 kids clapping her hands and giving all of us the thumbs up and a wave.

I know it doesn't seem like much but it's great to see people do this kind of thing.

Any other story's like this out there!

Cheers

Edited: as per Smee ;-)

2. I like to stop if I can help out. I took a lad for a fuel run to a servo recently cause he was out of juice. Also stopped to help an older gent who decided not to turn the corner on his bike. I had a big prang on the highway when I was younger and I was not in a good way, but some bloke stopped to help me out and hung around till I was all sorted. I always think if you can help you should stop.

Best on I ever had was a pommy backpacker who had walked 200km south of townsville and had to be in brisbane for a plane next day. Poor guy had not a single cent to his name. Lucky for him I was heading back to brisbane. Offered to feed him and give him a place to sleep till the morn but he just wanted to get dropped off at the airport!

3. Had an off duty cop help me out after a lowside; gave me a lift (bike wouldn't start) and hung around until a tow had been arranged. He was nice, and I only found out he was police when he sent me an email from his work address (pictures of the scene).

4. So did you get a summons for neg. driving? :wink:

5. Nope. I did say he was nice :D. Besides, all that paperwork and effort is probably too much work to think about when one isn't working ;).

6. Fair enough. Just thought he might have given his colleagues a quick call before you got away :wink:.

7. What's disturbing is why you found that mummy's kids yummy.

8. bit of red wine . . . .

9. Nah, it's white for long pig. Or cider.

10. Could be interpreted that way I suppose...to some 8-[

Fixed :beer:

Cheers