Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Ashes are Back!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by bass_player, Dec 18, 2006.

1. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Cant stop grinning.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  2. +1

Take that colonial overlords!!!!
  3. The shortest time they have been held by either country, ever. The ghost of Bradman is rampaging through the long room at Lords :LOL:
  4. I can't see what the big deal is; the Aussies were jumping around like they'd been through some huge ordeal...

...No, they just thrashed a clearly inferior team three times in a row.
  5. I wonder if the whole winning team will be knighted like last time?????????

Or will the Poms just be stripped of their titles?????

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Now bring on Warnie's 700th in Melbourne :grin:
  6. Yeah too good! :grin:

So who's gonna watch the 4/5th tests?
  7. Gees guys, it is only cricket.
    Its not a real sport like soccer.

Now where is that fishing Emoticon????? :LOL: :popcorn:
  8. ME! I have tickets to the 4th day of 4th test.

There's only one thing better than winning the Ashes back, and that's completely humiliating the poms in a 5-0 series white wash. That should teach the little bastards a lesson anyway.
  9. What is the Ashes? :?

11. Well it may be 5 times in a row soon. :)
  12. I can feel the heat of the flaming before I start this but anyway...
    will declare up front to being a pom, so very sad about losing the ashes :cry:
    but... I think it did wonders for the ashes that the poms won last year - before that didnt know anyone but die hard cricket fans that would have stayed up till all hours to watch the ashes like a lot did last year :)
  13. No flames here, you're spot on there. But gees it feels good to whoop some pommy arse. All that much sweeter taking it back from them.
  14. Abso-f*cken-lutely it did wonders for cricket.

It looked for a second like there might be a competition breaking out.

...but nope.
  15. Am copping so much crap from people that hear my accent :( - its been 11 years but its not going away - its bringing out the pommie pride in defending them!... go the poms for the next 2!!! :wink: :)
  16. Have to agree with you there joannei. Even though we lost, that was by far the best series of cricket i have ever seen.
  17. Yeah - I'm kinda lucky coz although I'm english - many people mistake the geordie accent for irish (?) so I'm not copping it that much...
  18. any other time of year you would be correcting them wouldnt u :?: :wink:
  19. Its funny, but I still can't hear your pommie acccent at all!!!

Now for some arrogant aussie ribbing............................

What's the latest score update in the series...................Oh thats right...................

4-0 (the fourth within 3 days) and steaming towards a whitewash. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Go Warnie and McGrath!!!. We will really miss 'em