Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

The Across 'Handbag'

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by 6ixxer, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Love it or hate it, everybody has an opinion on the 'Handbag'

(or Manbag... whatever, keep em coming, I can take it :wink: )
    Just be thankful that this is one Manbag that can't be swung at you.
    But beware of the day that out of the convenient helmet storage comes an actual Manbag that will show no mercy!

I'd kinda like to know however,
    Is it the only bike (non-scooter) with the integrated helmet storage in place of where the tank would be on any other bike?

When I asked in the Across review thread people just kept saying its a good bike blah blah.

2. As far as I know, the Across only fits an XL lid. So if your cranial girth exceeds that, you cant use if for your lid. So I would be buggered. As for other bikes with lid storage, lots have under seat ocky points that you can strap your lid to. Its external, but securly fastned. Not sure about other bikes with internal lid storage.
  3. Thankfully my cranium fits inside a size L.

Surely its not the only bike designed with this feature?

What if I want this feature on my next bike but more capacity than 250cc?

I'd say that some would stay with the across for an extended time to retain the convenient storage?
  4. Hence why I have stuck with my Across for the previous 4.5 years :grin:
  5. I thought you kept your Across for so long cos it holds x amount of VB cans????? I could be wrong...... :beer:
  6. Let's just say that there are a multitude of reasons ;)
    Oh and for the record, the Across boot will hold 28 cans of beer :grin: