Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thats Right Another Newbie....

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Valkatron, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Well yeah as it says, im new to the whole motorbike riding thing, still dont actually own one but thought it would be a good idea to start in the forums to get advice and stuff.
    looking at:
    CBR250 (R or RR)
    RVF400 (i wish)
    Aprilia RS250 (vroom, but sadly not legal in NSW grrrr)
    or Aprilia RS125
    Oh yeah, i live in the gong, but am moving to petersham and i hate driving in sydney so a bikes the thing for me i think. Also i work at Starcity so hola! to any other people on here that work there

2. 'S awright - dreams are free - welcome :) Any decent RG/RGV 250's left your way? Lotta fun!
  3. Welcome mate.
    When you get a bike come to our next meeting night at the Homebush Bay Brewery. All welcome.

I am afraid I don't know much about any of the bikes you mentioned but plenty who post here do.

You do know that as a learner you can go up to a 650 motor on some of the bikes don't you?
  4. thanks, yeah i know i can go up to 650 but thought i shoudl start out small and work my way up, last time i rode was 13 years ago when i was 8.... But saying that i think im gonna try jump straight into the RVF400!
  5. Gday and welcome m8

Cheers :cool:
  6. Nice bike the RVF, if you got plenty of money to spend on your learner machine. You'd probably want to get comprehensive insurance incase something goes wrong, I'd ring around and get some insurance quotes before you decide to buy one, the price might put you off unless you're pretty rich.

Twenty one years old, L plates, one of the quickest LAMS you can get, insurance will be sky high but with an RVF being 7-10k you wouldn't really want to be without it.
  7. howdy and welcome. quite a few people from the gong now, good to see of course.
  8. Welcome :) I am almost as much as a newbie as you so you can join my little newbie club of riders :grin: Only I don't think it actually exsists. :p