Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

That'll learn yah

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VTRBob, May 1, 2006.

1. Comming to work this morning , slight drizzle so I was behaving and hadn't even started to lane split/filter, mainly as the traffic was doing 100 etc ( had nothing to do with the unmarked car sitting two cars behind me either :p )

Anyway coming up to the Hallam rd onramp ( i was on the monash )
    I did the curtius thing and moved to the far right lane to allow the cages room to merge etc: I might add so did ALL the cars behind me !

The 1st two merging cars didn't even look like doing a head check and came straight across to MY LANE forcing me to brake and move onto the shoulder thinkig WTF :shock:

But the 3rd cage took the cake F:iing P plater in a crumydore .... he made eye contact with me and laughing AT ME still came across forcing me to STAY on the shoulder/emergency lane :evil: :shock:

He stopped laughing when he lost his side mirror :twisted: ( and i didn't have to manouver much to do this either.... FK he was close )
    while this was going on the above mentioned unmarked car was watching and was taking action ( pretty red and blue lights ) :LOL:
    I pulled over behind the crumydore with the police behind me !
    Peanut got out abusing the F outa me :LOL:
    Untill mr Plod told him to shut the FK up and get back in his car and wait !
    Nice mr plod asked if i was ok ..... shaken but not stirred I reply'd

I asked if i could hang around to hear peanuts version, mr plod said yeah be my guest you may enjoy this ( mr plod wispered to me he rides on the w/ends )

I'll cut out the long story but end result :
    Peanut = unroadworthy car ...... plates removed
    + blew .02
    + dangerous driving endangering other motorists
    + allready had points gone from other fines = no more lic now :LOL:
    taken back to the station for follow up for being over 0.0
    plus a ear bashing form mr plod every time he opened his mouth to complain about his mirror ! :LOL:
    something along the lines of If you had done that to me i would have put my boot through your window just for starters , you could of killed that bike rider your just lucky he was alot smarter than you are and saw you 1st !

What a way to start the week :LOL: :twisted:
    so bring it on Melb im in the mood to play now :twisted: :LOL:
  2. Ah yes....the old merging on the freeway trick. It's a constant battle isnt it.

thank god the cop was there. thats all i can say.

at least you kept your wits about you and didnt do anything too crazy :) and at least you wern't hurt.
  3. :) Good one.

Yeah there are some decent cops out their, Sadly my ex wasnt one of em, <bitter>

Nah not fair, she would have shot him then charged you for stopping on the freeway :)
  4. BAHAHAHA Mr Plod actually admitting that the mirror removal wasn't a bad move and the driver is lucky it wasn't worse. HAHAHAHAHA That is gold Bob.

+1 to Motorbike Riders and

+1 to Cops doing the right thing and using their level head and discretion for once.

He seemed so nice infact, i'm surprised he didn't offer the mirror as a souveigner of the incident
  5. Biker 1
    Cager 0

Great story, you have bought a smile to my face.
  6. Sweet well done bob good to see you got a good coppa and even better to see the smartass p-plater get done hopefully that will teach the little pr%$# a lesson would be nice if he takes him into the cells with a phonebook to :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Pure gold! :D

The sad thing is though, if he had removed his numberplates then it's highly likely he doesn't give a rats about the law and will be back on the road endangering everyone around him, licence or not.

It's people like him that give me the irrits. They truly believe they can do what ever they feel like, and not have to answer to anyone.
  8. Thats a great story! If only such things happened more often. Was it a fist, foot or handle bar that removed the wing mirror?
  9. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Restores the faith somewhat. Champion copper, I'd be ringing his superiors and recomending him for a commendation.

Hope you picked up the mirror as a trophy. :LOL:
  10. Oh about the "mirror" when peanut tried for the 3rd time to go me for it,
    Mr Plod responed with .............. all i saw was you come so close to the bike that the LH handlebar took out your mirror and the rider was useing his hand on your car to try and keep his balence !!

:LOL: :twisted:
  11. Bob good to see your back in all your glory, well done.
  12. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Gotta remember that one.
  13. +10 to you and the cop. I hope you shook his hand!
  14. Well done Bob.
  15. Excellent! Was it a Bruce Lee one inch type punch, or a John Wayne style haymaker? Just curious in case I ever need to... eh... balance myself. :shock:
  16. That's made my day Bob :)
  17. shook his hand you bloody bet i did ! i was damn tempted to get down on my knees ............ and well ..........

:LOL: :LOL: :p
  18. We really need to bring back the Karma points (remember them??).

Nice story to start the first long working week in a while.
  19. That is one quality cop. Oh for more like him! [that's less about the direct story and more the fact that he used his brain and discretion]
  20. hurrah for justice still exisiting in the world!!!

geez it would be nice to have more cops around like that. my mate was innocently trying to buy a doughnut in 7-11 on saturday night when three thugs started bashing the s**t out of him :? he needed super.decent.cop to help him then but i guess he can't be everywhere at once :(