Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

That was close

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by cotso, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Was on my way home from Tatong (NE Vic)to Dromana after staying at my sister inlaws farm.Left about 10-00am to hopefully miss the roos on the roads,but had a sheep run out of the grass on the side of the road about 30 meters ahead of me on the right, i was cruising at 120 klms and the only option i had was to gun it. The sheep ran straight across and missed my back wheel by about half a meter as i squeezed through between it and the road edge. Fu!@#$%^. had i been 10 seconds later the car coming the other way would have hit it OR ??? who knows.

2. I'm assuming your on a sporty yeah? if so thank f/uck for that. if you'd've been on a cruiser or a bike like mine you would not have been able to accelerate enough.
  3. sounds like you should have gone back and wiped your arse on the sheeps back lol
    nothin worse then scray stuff like that when cruising along minding your own business
  4. was on my 919 Hornet. was bloody close, would have gone flying had it put its head through the front wheel:angel:
  5. good to see natural selection is still being trialled in some species ;)
  6. It reminds me of the incident in Victoria in the 70's when Two Wheels were testing the only Benelli Sei in the country.

Their test rider didn't miss the sheep... He was OK, the sheep was OK, the $4000 Benelli wasn't (to put it in perspective - a new Z1 at the time was <$2000).

7. ZOK the Benelli could afford to have 3 cylinders ground off before it was the right configuration anyway.