Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

That is alittle unsettling!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by N1GH7-R1D3R, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Today i went and organised my riding gear. I'm buying the helmet and gloves tomorrow and getting the Pants, Jacket and Boots next week (i put them on Lay-By). When i got the sub total for my Lay-By i was alittle unsettled considering i'm a newby and this is my first gear.

Check out the Reciept and tell me if you can see why!! You'll need to scroll down the page to see the receipt, it's the third pic on the page

Here it is

2. welcome to the world of bikes,however u get good gear the first time and its all good mate.i know too many people who only own helmet and gloves.
  3. It's cos you've just realised that Satan now has a grip on your soul. :p
  4. Evil....
  5. wait until you start accessorising :p
  6. crap! i hope it's not an omen... i'd blame the devils tax GST for making it the devils number :LOL:
  7. i'm a learner but i don't care how much i spend on my gear......its cheaper than time off work and hospital bills!!

recently spend almost $2000 on gear:
    1. helmet arai $650
    2. gloves rjays $100
    3. leather jacket dainese 2nd hand $400
    4. cordura pants rjays $240
    5. back protector dainese $150
    6. gaerne boots $300
    plus i wear my sixsixone knee and shin protectors under my pants

takes me 15min to put my gear on.
    overdressed? never!!!

the gear gives me the confidence to go out and ride...plus i feel that i concentrate more since i'm dressed for it.....that's my warped thinking anyway
  8. Josh will you be in there tomorrow morning? I have to be in at TJ's tomorrow morning early, and I'd like to meet with you. I have to get a new fuel line from the tap to the carbs. Planning on being in there at 8:45am so I can go for a ride as soon as the line is fixed!
  9. Most of us have bikes with a rated horsepower - yours will be measured in goatpower.
  10. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  11. yeah, it's a BEAST of a total, isn't it? I wonder if Josh is going to buy a HORNet? {groan again}
  12. See you there!!!! I'm going in to pick up my helmet and Gloves. They didn't have my helmet size (KBC-VR1; Medium) in the colour i originally wanted (either Plain Black or the Black and grey Patterned one) so i am getting the blue one instead. Blue is cool though.
  13. i've got the vr-1 not bad, bit average for wind noise but mehh :)
  14. holy crap the devil lives! you better watch out when you start riding. the cops will be on your tail constantly!
  15. Yeah good gear is definately essential. My list is as follows:

Motodry Duo Jacket (Black) - $299
    Motodry Duo Cordura pants - $198
    Motodry Nitro Gloves - $65
    AGV Sport Cascade Boots -$239
    KBC VR-1 Helmet (blue) -$349

I got 10% of each item however so all was good. The picture of the pants aren't my exact model but the look exactly the same.
  16. what do they say, the devil is in the detail??
  17. See you at TJ's around 8:45-9:00 tomorrow??
  18. Hehehehe, what a beast of an invoice, you'll have a hell of a job taking them back if there's something wrong. Maybe they are used to serving the crusty demons???