Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

That fuzzy feeling when riders help each other out

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by MC_Elzee, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Just wanted to send a shout out to the awesome rider who helped me out in peak-hour traffic tonight. On the way to work this morning I noticed I was running on empty. Whoops! Better do something about that. Only I forgot again, until I hit the ANZAC Bridge, and there was no turning back ...

When I eventually got to a suburban-ish road, I asked a rider I pulled up next to at the lights if he knew where the nearest petrol station might be. 'Follow me and I'll show you', says he. So I tailed him for a couple of Ks, enjoying the silent camaraderie, and even managing to stay with him when a ute with balls dangling off the back swerved in between us.

Sure enough, he got me on the right path to a petrol station, and I got to enjoy the last part of my ride without wondering how far I might have to push my scoot home ... onya, mate! Riders rock :)
  2. You must be hot! :p

Haha, j/k! Always willing to help fellow riders out - even scooter riders!
  3. Haha, Justin -- don't hate me coz I'm a scooter commuter -- in my dreamz I have Royal Enfield in the garage :p

I see you're a fellow inner-westie! Probably park next to you in the Sussex St bike park.
  4. I though a Royal Enfield was a scooter?

Same power.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Cheeky, Bitsar ...!
  6. Nothing like dreaming big.
  7. Actually, I park a little further up on Kent St. just past Margaret St., but we probably pass each other on the ANZAC bridge :)
  8. Riding home from work years back, my old RD Lc spit out a spark plug. As I'm standing beside it wondering wtf I'm going to do, ( in the hills past Belgrave) a rider on a sports bike pulls up, has a spare plug under his seat ! ! ! helps me fit it and off he went, rather Lone Ranger like. There IS some kind of brotherhood beneath all the bullshit.
  9. Definitely. Great story, too :)

Also makes me think I should carry spark plugs ...!
  10. gotta be careful of those utes with balls dude

yes enough times i have found the hard way that 'reserve' is actually secret code for; 'getthefcuktotheservo'

last time burned it all at the track and ran out as soon as i got onto the road home
    • Agree Agree x 1

11. The 'spare plug" magic is specifically for two-strokes, is your scooter a two smoke?

When I had my 125 cc Yammie, I always had a spare spark plug in my pocket, and, because I had it, never needed it.

Which was a good thing, since I had no tools to remove the one plug and replace it with the one from my pocket. ;)
  12. See, this is where I come unstuck, @CrazyCam. Whereas 20 years ago I loved tinkering on my Kwakka Z250C, and even managed to bodgy up an electrical fix one time, I know next to nothing about my scoot. But the ride home tonight ended any chance of me wanting to learn more -- it lost power, started smelling burny and rode really rough. Regret buying the wannabe Vespa from China and will be trading it in for a real bike, stat!
  13. Good decision wth the Chinese scoot mate, They'll be good things in a few years p'raps, but for the present they shit. Bought my son a 250 water cooled 4stroke dirtbike and he got maybe 3-4 months max then it broke bits.
  14. obviously the opposite sex would be the priority of interest o_O