Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National that damn census

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by nobby, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK so I'm curious,

Question 54. How many registered motor vehicles owned or used by residents of this dwelling were garaged or parked at or near this dwelling on Census night?

* Include vans and company cars kept at home.

* Exclude motorbikes and motor scooters.

So if I'm paying rego and vehicle insurance and copping fucking fines for almost fuck all, why doesn't my primary vehicle count on census night?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Because the government will always be where the people who don't matter can find a job.

3. Oh, I didn't see the "Exclude motorbikes and scooters" part, I just automatically put down "1".

4. yeah i ignored the motorbike part and put down 3.

And i lied about everything.

5. Instead of doing that you would have been better to write 3 including motorcycles.

This would confuse their ability to interpret your response and muddy the reliability of the statistic. Given that trying to make the question clearer was the reason they have given for excluding motorcycles, maybe next time to make it clearer they might have asked how many motorcycles.

But I raised this is 2006.

6. There is already a thread on this please use some nous when starting these topics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.