Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thanks

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Glixxer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. I just wanted to say a big thanks to Matchstick01 and idontlikemondays, as we went on a 600ish km ride yesterday and a bit over half way in, I got a flat :( :oops: Lucky for me matchstick had a relative nearby where we could hang out til my brother could come pick me and my bike up. idontlikemondays had to go so matchstick an I waited til about 12:00am loaded the bike then took it in shifts riding his bike all the way from Muswellbrook to Liverpool getting us home at about 2:30-3am. I just wanted to say a BIG thanks to all those involved in rescuing me from flat rear tyre despair, Matchstick01 (who hung out til the early hours), His cousin and her husband who let us hang out and shouted us pizza (yum) idontlikemondays (he organised a really enjoyable ride (sorry I turned it into a rescue mission), My brother who drove 600km roundtrip through the night, and to my very understanding and patient fiancé who came to pick me up from my brothers house to save him driving the extra 30 oddkm's at 3am. So thanks again every one im extremely grateful
    Cheers
    Geoff
    :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

2. i love a happy ending.
    nice one Paul

3. Yeah, Paul, take a sticker and go to the head of the class. Sounds to me like you rescued a very messy and unpleasant day, well done....

4. Puncture kit and a pump. Less than $50, take up bugger all space.
    WHY does no one buy these things?

Regards, Andrew.

5. because the tyre wasnt punctured, that foam shit worked a treat but. im really sorry i left you at muselbrook mate, but after 2 1/2 hours sleep the night before, i didnt want to hang around till 12.
    i dont rekon anyone else is gonna come on one of my rides after sunday. it wasnt that bad of day, it just took 4 hours to cover 80kms of dirt.
    i got a new front tyre today btw :LOL:

cheers
    dom

6. Bludi hell. :shock:

Your brother must love you alot. smitten.

I wouldve told you to get a f*cken cab home. fing26.

Thats one long ride; one long day & one f*cken sore arse you wouldve
    had yourself there! Not to add, one good nights sleep after all that. wink1.

7. huge props to all involved, especially paul and your brother!

so do i get a go on the 600 too?

haha :p

8. I actually planed on giving you a go on the western round trip. Shame u didn't comr hey ha ha ha

9. Thats cool man. Gotta do what ya gotta do. I appreciete ya lookin out 4 me (being TEC between denman and cousins house at muselbrook as i couls only do bout 70isn in a hundread zone). And i rekon it was a top day out and would do it again. Shit happens on the road and ya deal with it. All about the adventure.
    Geoff

10. That's so cool. I love you guys. Feel the love. Netrider rocks too. Hardcore.