Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Thanks where thanks is due

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by ajrider, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Well, the government constantly come under critisism - and in many cases rightly so. ;) But I think it's equally important to show grattitude where it's deserved.

Over the past year or so, I've seen a number of changes take place for the better. The removal of (some) red tape, has allowed us to use Fender Eliminators, allowed us to purchase and wear ECE compliant helmets, and ride safer with the introduction of explicitly legalised lane filtering. And now we see the new campaign for keeping to the left lane. At least those are the main ones that come to my mind.

So - to the people who have been involved in getting this across the line, the beaurocrats, the politicians, and all those who have petitioned or actively worked towards this - a big thank you from me!

This has given me hope that we may continue to see a bit more of the same in future, preferably with the clarification about legality with helmet cams, intercoms and tinted visors, and footpath parking for the states that currently miss out.:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yeh too much negativity about, so kudos for some positivity!

Mind you, the helmets thing has been almost 10 years of chipping away at the bureaucratic stone. Well done to those who persisted, particularly one Guy Stanford. He should never buy another beer again. Riders should be shouting him everywhere he goes.

• Agree Agree x 3