Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thanks to Tyres for Bikes (Albion, Brisbane)

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by cuvy, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Big thanks to Tyres for Bikes at Albion (Brisbane) royally rounding one of the caliper retaining pin bolt heads when they replaced my tyres. My favourite bit was that they didn't tell me, I guess hoping I'd never notice. I guess this also explains why they dropped my bike while getting the front wheel off, which they weren't going to mention at all, until the mechanic fessed up and apologized. Shame he didn't mention this mistake also. There was also them nearly forgetting to tighten the bolts on the axle clamp.

So now trying to replace the caliper piston seals, I got to waste a whole hour fruitlessly trying to get the pad retaining pin out and failing, so now I don't have a bike to ride to work next week, and have to trailer it somewhere and pay to get the bolt removed and for a replacement pin.

Highly recommend these guys if wasting your long weekend and paying to fix other people's mistakes that they tried to hide from you is your idea of fun.