Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thanks to the riders who gave me fuel.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by taiheung, Sep 23, 2007.

1. I was riding up centenary drive (just before Nestle/Concord Rd intersection) yesterday at about 1.50pm when my bike started to smoothly lose power. My fuel guage was clearly a bit optimistic. I got off the bike, parked it on the kerb of a construction site and began my shameful walk to where I thought the closest petrol station was. Just as I started to walk I said to myself, "it would be so good if a fellow rider saw me right now and gave me a hand" and within 50m of walking sure enough a father-son duo with a UTE & dirt bike on board selflessly pulled a u-turn for me in heavy traffic.

I just wanted to say thanks to Wayne and son Jason for both spotting me more than enough fuel and giving me a few pointers on how to treat my bike. You guys are true legends and if I ever get a chance to catch you drinks are on me. If anyone recognises the names please let them know I've expressed my gratitude again.

On a slightly related topic. Today around 5pm. Parramatta Rd in Concord - 3 sports bikes pulled over by cops. Anyone know the story?

2. "you meet the nicest people on a " ... oh, wait a minute, you've got a Hyosung :LOL:

Good story, mate, there are some nice people left in the world, and it restores your faith in human nature when you meet them......
  3. whats a fuel gauge :LOL:
  4. It's the sound your bike makes when you shake it side to side :grin:
  5. Trip meter all the way...
  6. You were riding around for ages on reserve?
  7. Hyosung GT250R doesn't have a reserve... don't know about the other models.
  8. Had this happen to me about six months ago. A family of four stopped when they saw me pushing my bike to the nearest servo (about 1km away). They gave me a lift to a servo to get a can of fuel, took me back to the bike, got me going, then followed me back to the servo to make sure I made it okay and also to return the fuel can for me.

Turned out the Mum and Dad raced a sidecar!

I was sooooo humbled by the amount of help they gave me.
  9. i think police were targeting bikes over the weekend.
    also saw another rider pulled over on para road just as u come out of ashfield hume hwy around 10pm last night
  10. ha u ran out of fuel in front of my work lol should have came got me