Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thanks to everyone that stopped

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by notsoob, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Just wanted to say a huge thanks to the few riders who stopped and said hello when I came off the bike this evening on Johnston St Collingwood. Low slided into the side of a blue something (car? ute?) which popped out on me. Thankfully it was a low speed impact, around 30kmph, seeing me with some very sore thighs but otherwise unscathed.

A couple of riders stopped, came up and asked if I was okay while I was sitting on the side of the road. I was feeling pretty shaken at the time but the thumbs up from everyone cheered me right up.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I've learnt a few things today. I'm already itching to get back on the bike and ride safe!

Thanks again.

2. Ah, that sucks notsoob, but you sound alright.

Was there much damage to bike/gear? And did the car/ute drive off?

3. You are going to have to think of a better way to meet new friends, the way you are going about it is painful and expensive.

4. The only time I came off on the road I had the same thing happen - quite a few riders stopped to make sure I was OK (I was) and one helped me check that my bike was OK (it was). It made me feel heaps better. I know I'll definitely stop if I see another rider down.