Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thanks for the year of riding + challenge for you

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by dima, Apr 3, 2013.

1. #1 dima, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
    Hi everyone,

Today, the 3 April 2013 is exactly one year since I first jumped on my brand new CBR 250R.
    Had my dose of extremely bad and great moments on the bike.

On of the best things that happened to me is the NetRider. All of the experiences were just amazing.
    My first turn up to Sat practice where I momorised @GreyBM for a long time. His extremely well organised rides are just amazing. My first group ride, @Greydog took me there.
    Then I met @hawklord with all his wise words, @Nightowl with her thought provoking discussions, @streetmaster - always leading great and fun rides (and being in time most of the time), @raven is one of the best human beings and riders I've ever met, @spenze for the awesome night routes on Tueasday, @trd2000 whom I can't stop nodding in one of the threads... And many, many more people on this forum that I have and haven't met. You are all awesome!

Before I get too lyrical, giving you all a small challenge. Below are the quotes from some of the riders on this forum, their very first posts. Two quotes per person.

So your challenge is to match those quotes to the people on the forum. The first one will receive any coffee from me this Saturday practice.

NO CHEATING WITH THE SEARCH PLEASE (or if you, keep it to yourself for a while) :)

So there we go, in no particular order:

Happy matching and nodding :)
    :peace: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Already matched:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. That nitwit Raven, said this I believe.
    Otherwise, I'm clueless. Dah!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You've got your coffee mate! Actually 2, because I owe you one for that April's Fool :)

I think I'll have to change the rules now - you can't match yourself until Saturday morning?
  4. cheating haha
  5. person 9 is Mouth?
  6. person 6 might be greydog
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ^^^very good!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pretty sure Person 2 is hawklord.

Person 10 sounds a lot like robsalvv to me, though could just as easily be Justus.

Brmmm I think you're right about Person 6. [edit: oh, Greydog got in first and confirmed this herself.]
  9. Well done everyone. I've updated the original post with the first winners.

Should we allow 2 coffees per person? ;)

So who would that be?
  10. Person 5 is possibly Nightowl ?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Coffee is yours. I didn't know she rode a cruiser until today :)

Was easy pick too because of the "giggle" key word there LOL
    • Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Kitt, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    Lol .... I remembered her 1st bike :)

Very clever game Sir :)

I'm pretty sure I know who 11 is , but I'll let someone else win a coffee ;)
  13. After further thought: robsalvv. If it was Justus, he'd be quoting the legislation in his post.
  14. I've been on the forum for five minutes, so I have no idea who any of these people are. However, I love coffee and will be in attendance on Saturday, sooo aaah yeah, where is the chase and how do I cut to it? :p
  15. Happy New Year, dnagir
    • Like Like x 1
  16. a nod for the noderator perhaps in lieu of coffee? Or do I need to ride down to Melbourne again?

I considered both rob and Justus but was not convinced on either.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. #17 Portagrug, Apr 3, 2013
    I retract this statement :p :)
    • Like Like x 1
  18. #18 dima, Apr 3, 2013
    Thank you Dave!
  19. Even if it is, let someone else guess. You've got your coffee already :)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Damn, should have known person 2 was Hawklord with the reference to the jag.
    • Like Like x 1