Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thanks for the welcome and it's brilliant to be in VIC..!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Strada Girl, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Reposted from the General discussion forum. Oops! Just read the rules, sorry 'bout that.

Just a quick message to the Wall-E movie-goers to say thanks for such a great welcome to the Netrider group. Some familiar faces from Sunday's races and some new ones. Names are still a bit of a blur though. Great conversation, such animated ride story-telling from Scumbag I nearly lost my eye a couple of times, and I think it was Robin who ate a pizza bigger than him. Biggest thanks are saved for Rod for being so welcoming and introducing me to you, it has been a terrific start to the week with a very good feeling about future rides and events. Hope to see a few more of you around some time. :)

PS - I ride a black 620 Multistrada and took my first real ride in Victoria with Rod up to Broadford on Sunday.

2. Welcome to Netrider Strada Girl :)
  3. Welcome and you're welcome Strada Girl. (We need more Multistrada riders around here. :grin: )

Keep an eye on the "VIC Ride and Event Announcements" section as the weather warms up, and there will be plenty of rides to pick from. :cool:
  4. Welcome.

I had to look at what a miltistrada is.
  5. Thanks for the welcome erewego. The Multistrada is most comfortable bike for me to ride. Check out RoderickGI's profile for pictures of one in Ducati red.
  6. I did and it certainly looks comfy.

I suppose you have heatetd handlebars as well ? :grin:
  7. *LOL* Nooo..!!!! But sure wish I did at the early hour I got up. Mine is stock with nothing added as yet. Give it time... :LOL: I'm still getting used to Melbourne and the Victorian climate; it's a big difference from Western Australia.
  8. Hi Strada Girl & welcome

How long you been in Vic from WA?
    Wonder If i know you from somewhere else :?
  9. Welcome to NR

RoderickGI said
    Damn. I guess if we have more 'stradas I am going to have to start carrying more spare fuel. :LOL: (Ask RoderickGI for the details Strada Girl)
  10. :LOL: *heh* Yeh, I heard about some of his fuel issues the other night. (Why am I laughing? I ride a 'strada... :? ) Fuel aside, it's the best bike I've ever ridden and just loved the twisty route RodGI showed me the other day. Being in the west I'm sure there will be some rides this side of the city. I'll get around to meeting more people as time goes on.
  11. Welcome to NR, and welcome to VIC.

Even my wife who's a Sydney girl thinks Melb and VIC in general is pretty cool. High praise indeed. :grin:
  12. I'm known as Pierre D on the multistrada forum. Thanks for the welcome Charmed, I'm happy to be a newbie on netrider as well as a newbie Victorian. I arrived about 3 months ago but my bike only arrived a few weeks back. It was a painful wait...
  13. If you rode here it would have gotten here the same time.

and WET CLUTCH??!!! NNNNnnnnnnnoooooooooo
  14. Out of curiosity, which portion of you is in Vic?
    I know he is open-minded, but I'm not sure of his limits.
  15. Yeh typical Ducati rider! Not enough latte stops along the way :LOL: :wink:
  16. sorry to disapoint, but i left 3 slices :(
    was a bit full from lunch, one of these

gonna try the cathedral burger next time :grin:

oh yeah.

welcome aboard :grin:
  17. *LOL* I drove across on four wheels loaded to the roof. :LOL: Who needs latte when you have Coke, Gummi Bears and roadhouse steak burgers? Wouldn't mind taking a long ride like that though... :-k
  18. Well seeing your in the west, you're only a hop, skip and short freeway jump from the Monday coffee night at Williamstown.

Why don't you pop in one night and show off the bike.
  19. Yep, I think that's a great idea!