Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thanks for the push

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by CBRSteve, Aug 29, 2005.

1. My first time at friday night coffee and my bike had to be push started when we left for the footy. :oops:

Big thanks to VTRBob & the other kind gentleman who gave me a shove. :)

Anyone recommend a good place to get a new or reconditioned battery??
  2. just go to your local motorbike shop, but make sure you're getting an aftermarket battery because i've been told a difference of around $100 is the norm.... should set you back no more than $80 for a new aftermarket and if its a fairly common size, more than likely around $60.
  3. I can highly reconmend Battrey World at 699 Boronia Road Wantirna VIC 3152 ring (03) 9800 5188

Just bought a battery for the B M took them a couple of days but that beats 5 weeks from another store and they still didn’t know how long it would take.

They were very helpful
  4. What is it about batteries at the moment...

Brian had his go and had problems getting one delivered to Traralgon (understandably - no one wants to go there :LOL: )

I went to start the Beemer on Saturday morning for the first time in two weeks - a bit of whirring from the starter. Put the multimeter across it - 5.5 volts :cry: Not good when I put it on trickle charge the night before...

5. Thanks mate - just called them: $68. Better than the $160 I paid for a Yuasa last time.

Thanks for the advice :)
  6. And, as always, once you've got the bike going again, get your charging system checked.

Sometimes the failed battery indicates alternator/voltage rectifier problems and the new battery will go flat too if you don't clear them of blame.
  7. :D Pleasure. I was impressed with their service. I will be back to use them again.

A mates ST 1300 battery died over the weekend. bike still under warranty, over $300 to replace it but they gave it to him for half price. It would have been cheaper for him to go to Battery World but Mr Honda told him it could affect his warranty. :shock: :shock: :shock:

And I thought BMW parts were expensive! :roll: