Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thanks for the invite...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by TheRedPeril, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G'day Punters,

Came on one of the "Mystery Rides" tonight as result of an invitation from a friend of someone who had had an off on a ride.

Ironically enough I was filtering down Punt Road on the way to it and heard a bike in my 'blind spot' doing same.

Eventually I pulled up next to the rider at traffic lights and as we drew along side (after he'd kindly pulled aside to let me through) I said to him "Man - those pipes sound great!" with was something I'd normally never do (but they DID!) and we had a brief chat before the lights changed.

As we riders tend to do.

Off I went.

Off he went and we lost each other in the carpark traffic (although of course I was keeping an eye out for him and I then knew he was for me - like it should be).

Rocked up to the BP servo in St Kilda - had just finished filling the tank in preparation for the ride and guess who pulls in to do same?

"Seen you somewhere before I think" I say to him and we grin at each other.

Turns out it was his first time out on a Mystery Ride too.

Thanks heaps to Will for the invite.

A great pity it took another rider's off to get me there.

But the whole evening was a pleasure.

Unfortunately for you lot you may well see my ugly mug there again....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.