Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thank you, Motorcycle riders!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mav, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Thank you, all you riders for being a friendly and social part of society. Whenever I take a break from the office and go for a walk to clear my head and breathe some fresher air, I always seem to find a rider who has just parked their bike and is more than happy to indulge me in some general chit-chat about their bikes and experiences while riding.

I just returned from one such stroll around the north sydney cbd and came across a female rider trying to balance her bike on its side-stand facing up an incline driveway. managed to get over to her and have a quick chat about how much she loves her bike (red VFR800), how long she has been riding (just over 1.5 years), what her learner bike was (ZZR250) and how she is coping with the riding experience (loves it but is still worried about how much more she has to learn). Had a few laughs and quick swap of info about what we do and she was patient and didnt once tell me to fark off cos she was busy.

It is such a brightener to my day to take a break whenever i want and be able to have a chat to someone!! with any other random person walking the streets its more likely to be told to fark off then have a chat.

so +100 to all the riders out there!!

2. is she hot?
  3. You are incorrigible Brownyy ;)
  4. obligatory:

5. Every time I'm out riding (especially riding alone), I get people coming over for a chat. Today I was out for about half an hour, during that time I had two people admiring my bike in two separate car parking areas. I love the motorcycle family, as long as you ride, thats all that matters.
  6. Why the sigh?????
  7. Brownyy. The exception that proves the rule. Love your work.
  8. ....I always get comments on the ponytail attachment to my helmet!!... [​IMG]

Some people actually think that I've drilled a hole in my helmet to let my hair through!!...[​IMG]

..But it's a good conversation starter!... (usually at the service station) [​IMG]
  9. LOL! One track mind!

On Sunday while I was parked up at the servo, waiting for a few mates to join me for a ride... this 20ish y.o. girl pulls up in her car to fill up.

Jumps out and while filling her car is chatting away to me, "nice day for a ride", "where you headed" etc.

She then looks at me with a grin on her face and says "if you've got a spare helmet, I'd love to come for a ride". :shock:

Luckily for me, I didn't have another helmet with me. Otherwise I may have had my testicles removed when I got home to my fiance! :angel:
  10. #11 parker, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  11. ha ha ha ha ha
  12. #13 Tweetster, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  13. being a rider is like being in a secret club
  14. its like being in the stonecutters.
  15. Is that because like the stonecutters we keep the martians under wraps?
  16. haha. my first thoughts too Brownny :)

yeah. a club of oddballs and misfits! my kinda club ;)
  17. well....was she?
  18. are you hot?
  19. Wow!!... you must be hot!!... :rofl: