Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thank the IT gods

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by VTRBob, Jul 8, 2007.

1. My comp has been suffering greatly most of this week and I've been loath to jump on the net just in case I suffered a security breach :evil:

I got myself spy/adware bug [ read trojan ] that I couldn't shake, oh I found what file it had embedded it's self into but it was undeletable :? :evil:

The symptoms : red background "privacty protector" replacing my background along with continuous popups every 5 mins citing multiple at risk scenarios, etc. etc. The imbeding would not even allow a system restore to an earlier saved point!

Usually AVG/Firewall and or Spybot picks these things up and kills em before they get a hold but not this time. :mad:

I was almost on the verge of the dreaded F-Disk when surfing from works computor I stumbled across this site : forums.techguy.org and low and behold there was a question about my exact problem WITH a fix :)

One simple download, got home installed and ran the program with said instructions...... in less than 2 mins a problem I'd been working on for countless hrs was all fixed, not to mention it all seems to be running better than ever :)

the program > smitfraudfix ! :)

Im so indebted to the person/s that developed this program. You saved me alot of saved information AND the hassle of reloading everything.

2. Yeah, picked up one of those bastards before. Lucky for me System Restore did the job.

If I was in a room with someone who gladly admitted they designed and spread those sorts of malicious programs: I'd stab them in the face and harvest their organs for sale on the black market.

3. Heh, I'd feed them into a rotating motorcycle chain, one limb at a time..........

Regards, Andrew.