Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Thank god for the cold weather!

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Donuts, May 18, 2010.

1. Doing my daily commute this morning, I'm coming up a hill that I like to give the bike a bit of schtick on. I've got my headphones in and can't hear the bikes revs, so once I check my speedo I realise I've entered "bye bye license" territory, when I usually never leave "expensive speeding tax" territory :angel:

I get to the crest of this hill and start rolling the throttle off... As I do so, a car parked very neatly on the nature strip catches my eye - "Nah, it won't be a speed camera, haven't seen one along here for months...". Then I notice the steam coming out of the exhaust pipe.

On come the anchors, my horn and up goes the finger - I turn my head and my premonition is correct =D> . Guy must've been spewing, he would've heard me coming from the base of the hill and only got to see my middle finger :nopity:
  2. i thought this was going to be told like this

this morning i had to brake hard for a taxi pulling out in front of me and i cracked my nuts on the tank, lucky for the cold weather, i had no nuts that day :)
  3. I don't get it...
  4. Hoorah for steam powered vehicles!
  5. A guy here in Vic a few years back gave the middle finger to a camera operator even though he wasn't speeding, the police paid him a visit and issued a fine.
  6. Why use your horn?
  7. How else will the operator know I've got my finger up :biker:

That's pretty rough, guess I've gotten lucky or they've got bigger fish to fry because I do it to every mobile camera I pass without fail 8-[
  8. I do that every time I go past one. :angel: Even did it to the tax collector on Foster St Sale this morning. :-s
  9. Hmmm, I must be inadvertantly remiss - remind me to salute the kodak squad nex time :)
  10. Oh I thought it had something to with boosting your ego and making you feel important...gotcha.
  11. Nah, most real riders stuff socks in their crotches for that. I use holeproofs for the extra comfort factor.
  12. on what grounds?
  13. Disrespect?
  14. so do i.
    i thought you were supposed to do that :-s
    i mean these people are the lowest of the low, it's the least you can do
  15. Agreed. Took me a lot of restraint to bite my tongue as I walked past a guy writing a ticket in the uni carpark the other day... really wanted to play the "hey mate, you're already at a university, why don't you get a degree and a real ****ing job?"