Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Thai motorbike insurance

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by mattizie, Jun 13, 2012.

  1. Hi Everyone,

    Been lurking for a while, hopefully will join you guys back on the road when my suspension's up.

    Anyway, does anyone know how I would go about organising motorcycle insurance to ride while in Thailand?

    The only insurance the travel agents use is Covermore under 200cc, but I want to ride a 250cc or bigger as a will be carrying a pillion+luggage.

    I don't have a current Australian licence (Vic suspended) so RACV is a no-go. But I will be getting a Thai licence while over there.

    Any help would be awesome. Cheers!

  2. Worldcare offer it, but only if you have a licence.

    Guess give them a call and ask if thai licence is enough.
  3. Thanks mate,

    Sent them an email.
    Will give 'em a call tomorrow, they closed at 5pm.

    Does anyone have any experience with getting insurance while in said country? I'm sure there are insurance companies in Thailand.
  4. There are lots of travel insurance providers other than Covermore. You don't have to use Covermore just cause the travel agent does. See who else is out there and see who else will cover you.
  5. I have a similar enquiry - I'm heading overseas but my situation is almost the direct oppoite. I'm licenced to ride in Australia, but I won't have a native licence in the country I'm going to. I'll be riding a DRZ400.

    I see that Worldcare will cover me provided I hold an Australian licence for that class of bike, but apparently their claims service is awful.

    Can anyone recommend another? Or give more info about Worldcare?