Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TGB Akrostec, Aerox 50 or??

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Scruffy, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Hi guys I am a newbie to scooters and i am a bit unsure as to what to get as my fist scooter. I have a mate who is selling his Akrostec pretty cheap, but i want something with a bit more grunt than the average Jog and i havent heard much about these. Is it worth my while to spend the extra on the Aerox or something else, or will the Akrostec do the job.
    BTW i travel 20k round trip to and from work.
    Thanks for any input.

2. if that's the case then don't consider the 50cc options. look at the 125's.
  3. I have thought about a 125cc, but i want a 50cc because i just need my car liscence.
  4. :roll:

Seriously, go and do the Rider Safe course. You can then choose from pretty much any scoot on the market (right up to a Burgman 650), and you'll be a much better rider.

If you must go a 50cc, buy one as cheaply as possible and see how you go. You'll probably start hankering for more power (as well as some better skills to harness what power you do have) sooner rather than later, and a licence upgrade should be a natural progression.
  5. When you say you want more grunt than the average Jog....i'm a little concerned that your getting your hopes up a little too much.

50cc scoots are built for a purpose and they achieve that purpose well enough. But they are limited to 60km/hr and that is very slow for Australian roads. Sure it might get you by in some of the very dense cities around the world (throughout Asia for eg), but over here they are a slightly different story. Of cause if you know there limitations and are happy with that and only want to putt along on some back roads in the inner city then thats cool.

I suggest going and hiring a 50cc scoot and check it out. That will give you an idea of what you can expect from a 50. Then by all means if your happy then go for it!