Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Textile riding pants vs Jeans with Kevlar?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by nightgash, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Hi I am in the market for some riding pants. I was wondering which material gives the best abrasion resistance. The black textile pants you see for sale normally made out of the Cordura material or something like Draggin Jeans with stitched in Kelvar?

I know leather is the safest option but thats not the question I'm asking.

I am thinking about buying the Ixon Sismic Jacket with Ixon textile pants that latch together.

2. I had the ixon sismic jacket... faired up pretty well after my accident.

Just a hole in the right shoulder, and some marks from the road on the side and what not.. seemed to hold together pretty well.

A few weeks ago, I noticed the writing thats on the armour underneath, had printed itself onto the textile.. no wonder I broke my collarbone :shock:

But you're asking about pants, cant help.... sorry mate.
  3. I can't give you an opinion on Cordura, but as a Draggins crasher, I can recommend them. From a distance they look like normal pants, too..
  4. Would the Kevlar stitched jeans be a better choice for abrasion resistance? Wouldn't the textile pants with the removable thermal liner be better in winter?
  5. i crash tested my Hornee's (kevlar stitched into jeans)... no holes! so i can recommend them if you put knee protectors inside them, my worst injury was from my knee hitting the road and getting badly bruised...
  6. Kevlar is definatly better for abrasion resistance but going to be cold for winter.

From what I know, cordura is good but doesn't come close to Kevlar but it will keep you warm and dry in the wet.
  7. In the deep dark depths of winter you will be wanting a pair of textile pants with thermal liner. Jeans just don't cut it. I have both.

If you do buy some textile pants, make sure you get an extra size larger.