Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Textile jacket alteration service (vic)

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Peppy, May 2, 2013.

1. Hi,

Just wondering if anybody knew of a service provider that can alter textile jackets.

I've got a jacket that would otherwise fit well, except that the sleeves are a little long. and the sleeve is a little tight around the wrist (I'm talking about the shell here, not the liner.)

Ideally I'd like the sleeve length shortened (maybe half an inch) and the wrist circumference made larger so I can wear my gloves inside the jacket (they do not fit well outside right now)

Cheers

2.  Top
  3. got my leathers fixed at Walkalong, had to get the pants fixed near the ankles so they wouldn't ride up due to my chicken legs... Dropped them in on Wednesday, had them finished by Friday.

4. what is the ball park cost to get a textile jacket altered?? i need one brought down by about 2 sizes....

5. I think the company doing the alterations would have to see it first @Krish@Krish it will depend on the structure of the seams and whether it can be unpicked etc. Often if the alterations are major then a replacement is more cost effective.

Give these people a call and see what they say: http://www.remoterepairs.com.au/

6. thanks @cjvfr@cjvfr ....i noticed that remoterepairs have moved to Point Cook...so i will head down and see them soon....they tell me that they charge $100 an hour for labor and materials for alteration services....
    I do have a feeling that it might not be worthwhile since its a $200 jacket and needs to be brought down about 2 sizes all over..... but i will still go see them to get an estimate....

7. Sell it and buy a new one. Not worth it for a $200 jacket.

Even my $1600 leathers are only a maybe..

8. ^This.

I had a pair of enduro pants legs shortened by 8cm, a much easier job than shrinking a jacket by 2 sizes. Cost me $45.00 mates rates. Told me afterwards took over 2 hours.

Ross.