Hello, i will once again ask for help to try to work something out on my pride and joy.. To make the story short..sort of.. bought the bike, soon after had problems with the battery, got a new one, and killed it.. many times, in fact. Got a reg/rect fro the wreckers and put it on.. battery still died. But last week my neighbour comes in with his multimeter, and tells me the bike its not throwing back enough charge to the batt. We look at the reg/rect, and one of the cables (black) is super hot. I had joined the wires manually as the reg rect was slightly different, but according to the dude at the wreckErs it was still ok. So the black wire had almost burned the duct tape off it. When you turn the bike on it got really, really hot. Only the black. A mate of mine said, why don't you bypass it straight to the battery? So I ran a wire from the reg/rect to the battery. Battery still dies. I find the wiring diagram, says black goes to ground ie chassis, not -ve on battery. So i wire that to the chassis. I got me a multimeter. With the bike running, battery starts at 12v and slowly starts going down..turn the lights on and it drops to 10v, and quickly down.. But, if i leave the red testing needle on the battery+, and the black on the wire to the chassis (the one i bypassed straight from the reg/rect) (bypassing the coupling, that is, and the wiring harness), IT STAYS AT 12?? Do i then need to run that cable back to the battery? the reg rect gets warm, so something is going through it, but not hot. I also reckon there is a very high chance that the battery is now kaput, as it has now being run dry about a dozen times, plus while charging it my lttle ones have also knocked iton its side a couple of times.. but I don't want to buy another battery if the problem is still with the reg rect... HELP!!!